Muncher - all in one kitchen?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Muncher - all in one kitchen?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

From the people who brought you the Windsor 'Full Nutter' tool - the 'Muncher'. Everything you need and possibly some you don't, to prepare and eat your favourite meal in a bus stop.

As you might expect, it's made from good old Ti and weighs a not unimpressive 20g. It's on Kickstarter at the moment and will go into production.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... ti-utensil
May the bridges you burn light your way
benp1

Re: Muncher - all in one kitchen?

Post by benp1 »

Saw that on STW, looks like a solution looking for a problem
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I love the fact it has a veg / fruit peeler AND a butter knife :-bd
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I love the fact it has a veg / fruit peeler AND a butter knife :-bd
I quite like that...

Just need one to go with my http://www.trueutility.com/pocket-tools ... istick-p15 then I can hipster-tour my way round France.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just need one to go with my http://www.trueutility.com/pocket-tools ... istick-p15 then I can hipster-tour my way round France.
Rather oddly, someone accused me of nearly looking like a hipster while riding T-N ... I reckon if I'd been carrying one of these, I'd have pulled it off fully. :wink:
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Rather oddly, someone accused me of nearly looking like a hipster while riding T-N ... I reckon if I'd been carrying one of these, I'd have pulled it off fully. :wink:
My kids wind me up about being a hipster all the time. example - 'Dad, you are a hipster as you wear jeans with a turn up' I explain that yes, I've always worn jeans with turn ups. therefore walking straight into the trap and proving their point. arrgh! 'only a hipster would claim they were doing it first'

bloody smart arse kids
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Rather oddly, someone accused me of nearly looking like a hipster while riding T-N
I finally thought I sort of understood this hipster thing but now I'm just confused all over again! :wink:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

hipster1: a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

It looks so uncomfortable to use.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Having seen Stu's T-N photo, being a hipster was not the first thought that sprung to mind.
The trueutility site features a "cash stash" which looks familiar for those who've read Papillon, brings a whole new meaning to the phrase ring-pull.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I have a little capsule on my keys that likes the True Utility one. In fact I've had on my keys before they even brought one out

It's actually a really useful way of carrying £20. I ALWAYS have cash on me in an emergency, which is nice to know. Combined with contactless on my watch/phone it's handy knowing that if I pop out on the bike I can buy something if I need to

In fact I've used the £20 to buy petrol when I went out on the motorbike and forgot my wallet. It got security checked though, as I pulled it out and unfolded it in a wierd origami-esque way from a tiny little nugget to a normal note.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Richpips wrote:It looks so uncomfortable to use.
Not to mention rather lethal. Imagine stabbing at a random bit of meat in the bottom of your cup and slicing your wrist open with the box cutter on the other end.
I'm just going outside ...
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

ianfitz wrote:
Bearbonesnorm wrote:
My kids wind me up about being a hipster all the time. example - 'Dad, you are a hipster as you wear jeans with a turn up' I explain that yes, I've always worn jeans with turn ups. therefore walking straight into the trap and proving their point. arrgh! 'only a hipster would claim they were doing it first'

bloody smart arse kids
I have a beard, turn up jeans and a singlespeed (or two). Hipster? No, just a badass...

Actually, I'm just a scruffy schortarse who can't tune gears!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Not really for left handed folk either...
jameso

Post by jameso »

Ian wrote:
Not really for left handed folk either...
Lots of opportunities to grip that can opener corner or the serrated blade end and lever the other end against something, what could go wrong? :grin: I guess that hypalon pouch can hold a few plasters.