wtd - 2 man tent

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

barney

wtd - 2 man tent

Post by barney »

as above, hoping to start taking one of my daughters this year probably walking/car camping.

I can't afford anything brand new and reliably waterproof so looking second hand route.

Anyone got anything they want to sell?

cheers
Wait for me...
quimarche

Re: wtd - 2 man tent

Post by quimarche »

Barney

I've got an old Quasar you can have. It's not light but that shouldn't be a problem for car camping. Hugely spacious. In its time it had plenty of use, and the fly sheet is getting very fragile.

Chris
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

If you are car camping or doing the occasional walk with it then you don't really need one of the "mountain" tents that are lightweight *and* designed to stand up to harsh environments. Nip into Cotstwold's, Blacks, Go Outdoors or Decathlon and get something that takes your fancy. You'll get a perfectly decent tent for under £100, it won't be as light as the mountain tent but neither will your wallet :-bd

Something like this http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/vango-al ... colour=108
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ootini

Post by ootini »

I bought a Vango Ark 200 from GoOutdoors. No the lightest bit of kit in the world, although we have taken it on bikepacking trips before now, but cheap and does the job. £60 if I recall.
barney

Post by barney »

quimarche wrote:Barney

I've got an old Quasar you can have. It's not light but that shouldn't be a problem for car camping. Hugely spacious. In its time it had plenty of use, and the fly sheet is getting very fragile.

Chris
thanks for all the advice chaps, Chris just sent you a PM
Wait for me...