FS: off topic - powered air respirator 3m Versaflo

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

FS: off topic - powered air respirator 3m Versaflo

Post by redefined_cycles »

I think usualy folk use such things for asbeatos and other dusty building work! I used it for Covid and it worked particularly well. Selling cos I don't (God Willing) plan on being nursing (or even alive) for the next pandemic.

It's th3 one with the upgraded hood to an M100 visor. Screen might need replacing which I'm happy to do for you beforw sendig out. Comes with box and charger. Fresh filter in its box and plenty of spare sponge filters.

Apparently you can't claim tax back on these as it's something the govt was supplying at the time (they were not, but that's our dirty govt for you). Paid around £900 at the time as it was one of the last in the country.

Open to offers as I kmow it won't be worth much. Just thought to ask here before fleabaying it...

Looks something like this and there's also a spare visor plastic screen...

https://www.best4safety.co.uk/collectio ... kit-tr-315 but with the upgraded high capacity battery that took a little tumble at some point mid work...

This is the visor but screen would need replacing (easy to do and screens can be had for about £19

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products ... l/19039509
Zippy

Re: FS: off topic - powered air respirator 3m Versaflo

Post by Zippy »

Have you sold this Shaf? Interested for things like spraying 2k paint and maybe with a smaller mask if I'm welding in an enclosed environment maybe...
redefined_cycles

Zippy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:33 pm Have you sold this Shaf? Interested for things like spraying 2k paint and maybe with a smaller mask if I'm welding in an enclosed environment maybe...
Hi Zippy. Did I say it comes with a brandnew maim folter and lots of the other foam ones. Nope, didn't sell it as I couldn't bear someone off ebay getting it for a right bargain. Especially after I'd paid almost a grand for it (kinda swapped the money I gave for it for what I got for my Canyon CF SL - lovely bike that was). Yes... Spray painting it would be great for I suppose but I'm not sure you'd need to swap to a smaller mask...

Actually, after thinking about it. I'm not sure it can be used with a smaller mask. Maybe a cheaper mask but mine is probably the best visor it comes with without going 'building site' mental...

Looking forward to what offer you make Zippy :-bd Alhamdulillah (All Praise God) I've not taken it with me to work for at least 4 months or so now :smile:
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

PM incoming :-bd

Just trying to work out what welding helmet I'd need to get to go with it etc. :geek:
redefined_cycles

Zippy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:18 am PM incoming :-bd

Just trying to work out what welding helmet I'd need to get to go with it etc. :geek:
It only took less than a month to arrive Zippy. But I responded. Might get through the wormhole by next month some time :grin:

It's a positive message. I just want it gone but won't be putting on ebay (I think).