SPLITTING - On One 456 Evo II custom paint summer fun bike

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

CJR61

SPLITTING - On One 456 Evo II custom paint summer fun bike

Post by CJR61 »

On one 456 Evo II 20”

Frame and forks have come from the STW parish as I was wanting a little project. Thank you.

It’s a fun bike but afraid my attentions have turned to a SC Chameleon (an older cooler one!) build now so best move this one as it’ll only gather dust and it’s more about the journey than the destination!

This is a great mess about with the kids, pub, nipping about or down a cheeky bit of singletrack after work bike. Will be a hoot single speed and was even tempted to go rigid and drop bar monster cross! That could be very cool.

If you’re looking for a “Gnar Trail Shredding weapon Strava segment bro fist bump shreddit” you’re in the wrong place bruv.

——

On One 456 Evo II – 20” frame

Marzocchi 44 Micro TST 15×100 forks

Deore brakes

X9/X7 10sp mech and shifter

RF cranks

E13 chainring

XT (i think) cassette

Wellgo (DMR copy) pedals

Carbon bars

Ritchey seat post

Genesis saddle

XT rear on Mavic 717 rim 135/QR

SLX rear on Mavic 717 rim 100/15

Maxxis tyres – tubeless

Hope seat clamp
---

The Goods:

Custom paint work done by me! Space galaxy splatter style. Kept me out of trouble and I enjoy the creative side. You’ll be the coolest kid at the pub! Men will buy you beer, women will massage your feet whilst you drink it (or the other way round, what ever spins your wheels).

Custom decals on frame and forks.

The frame is in good condition, no dents or damage.

Hubs are smooth, front wheel freshly built by me. Tyres are set up tubeless.

Rear XT hub was brand new
---

The Bads:

DS BB threads weren’t the smoothest to engage, but BB went in fine nevertheless and don’t think this’ll be a problem.

Forks had pitting on the stanchions so i’ll cleaned them off and polished up. They’re fine now and only small blemishes. They've had a full oil/grease change and clean out and smooth and plush!! Don't ask....drama with the oil seal and foam ring....sorted now!
Rear brake may need a bleed. Stops you but not sharp for the longest skid competition.

Drivetrain is solid (a little clunky – clutch on SRAM not the stiffest) but goes up and down.

Brake hoses intentionally left long for those pub carpark bar spins.

Couple dinks on the rims but hold air tubeless fine so not bothered me.

NB. Finned pads and chain guide added since photos

—-

Anyway, full transparency and happy karma! It’s a flipping fun bike and looks cooooool.

Based in Redditch, Coventry or somewhere down the M40/M4 towards Basingstoke.

Looking for £350 (keeping the same price despite the now very nice forks!) and can courier at cost (bikedelivery.co.uk).

Cheers

Chris

CJR61

Re: SPLITTING - On One 456 Evo II custom paint summer fun bike

Post by CJR61 »

Happy to split now. Let me know if there’s anything you need!