Salsa Fargo for sale £1350!

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Salsa Fargo for sale £1350!

Post by BigdummySteve »

Sadly there’s no real possibility of my being able to ride in the near future so my beloved Fargo is up for sale,

Specs

2017/18 Medium frame set, recently powder coated in a ‘tasteful’ yellow

Front wheel-Son Dyno hub, sapim spokes and WTB ci31 carbon rim

Rear wheel-Onyx Vesper hub,sapim x-ray spokes DT SWISS M502 RIM, this is very special, no ratchets here just a superb sprag clutch. This gives instant drive in any position and silent near frictionless coasting.you really have to try it, the instant take up is nice but when your descending it feels like flying just the wind and tyre noise, worth every penny of the £500 :shock:

Drivetrain- Hope bottom bracket, Raceface Next R carbon in 170mm length, absolute black 28t oval fitted with 32 tooth oval also supplied, SRAM XX1 Eagle 10-50 cassette

Brakes/shifters- SRAM Wireless Red etap AXS (carbon levers) with additional ‘blips’ fitted beneath bar tape so you can shift from the tops, these control the Wireless XX1 Eagle AXS derailleur. Superb system, utterly reliable fast shifting in horrible conditions, two AXS batteries and charger. Brake callipers are Hope Rx4/RX4+ four pots with hope 180mm disks front and rear.

Fork-FOX float teralogic 32mm held in place by a very nice wooltooth headset

Seatpost-Brand X dropper controlled by a crank brothers dropbar remote, it’s accessible from both the drops and tops :-bd

Bars- Curve Walmer bars, not are these proper off-road wide (55cm at hoods and 700mm at drops) they also have a bit of sweep on the top section, fitted with their top and drop grips for long ride comfort (think Ergon grips for the drops,)

Lights, SON Rear with stand light and the superb Sinewave beacon light/usb charger up front, the sinewave can also run off a battery pack, the dyno takes over as you pick up speed

Saddle-Fizik……err..it’s nice and light with carbon rail :-bd

Pedals-As with everything else top drawer, Crank Brothers Mallet DH 11, fancy ones with titanium bit’s

Tyres currently fired are Vittoria Mezcal,s in 2.6" but will include a set in 2.3" and a set of vittoria terreno’s In 2.25"

Think I’m looking for around £1650 but am open to offers which include a Brompton or other quality folder, not sure if the pricing is in the right ballpark but when the rear wheel owes me nearly a grand it’s hard to come up with a sensible figure..

Image[url=https
Bags not included

Hob Nob’s not included either :roll:
Last edited by BigdummySteve on Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
TheBrownDog

Re: Salsa Fargo for sale £1650

Post by TheBrownDog »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

Gutted for you mate. I know how much of yourself you’ve put into that bike and how much you’ve got out of it.
I'm just going outside ...
BigdummySteve

Re: Salsa Fargo for sale £1650

Post by BigdummySteve »

Aye gutted, but I have face reality. Initial diagnosis is of multiple bone fragments in the joint and under the kneecap. Just waiting for an MRI scan appointment, the real deal breaker will be how much the cartilage has been damaged. A colleague of mine waited 4 years for less major problems to eventually be resolved. At least I did loads of events last year :-bd so far I’ve managed one 13 mile round trip since last August and struggled to walk for 3 days after. Current thinking is a Brompton for popping to the shops ets and maybe a pack raft, train, little paddle followed by train back with minimal cycling :-bd

BigdummySteve

Re: Salsa Fargo for sale £1500!

Post by BigdummySteve »

Reduced to £1350 :shock:

Tomwoodbury

Re: Salsa Fargo for sale £1350!

Post by Tomwoodbury »

V tempted Steve. Am I right in thinking you’re in Hertfordshire?
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Oxfordshire,Banbury
You’re somewhere near the new forest if I recall correctly? If so I’m quite happy to meet in the Middle, somewhere off the A34 would work, good riding up on the downs :-bd

Tomwoodbury

Post by Tomwoodbury »

Oh yes I remember now. That would be great.

My intention is to shift 2 bikes and replace with this one so let me have a think over the weekend and I’ll get back to you.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

:-bd

Tomwoodbury

Post by Tomwoodbury »

Have a few questions- sent you a PM
BigdummySteve