WTB Inner for a Gatewood Cape

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Gpl23

WTB Inner for a Gatewood Cape

Post by Gpl23 »

Looking for a serenity net inner or an Ali Express mesh inner that fits the Gatewood. Cheers
Bearbonesnorm

Re: WTB Inner for a Gatewood Cape

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I (and others) use a Sea to Summit pyramid nano net. Weigh very little and keep the midges out. https://www.freshairjunkie.co.uk/produc ... t_campaign
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Re: WTB Inner for a Gatewood Cape

Post by RIP »

Aye the S2S net is perfect. Only 92g. £22 at EpicTVshop (who?). Tuck the edges under your mat and away you go. Pegging the corners is even better if you can be bothered - I use 6g BBB carbon pegs. Easy to crawl under the edge and into your bag/quilt.

I added a krab to the end of the net's hanger cord (getting the length of that cord takes a bit of trial and error - mine's only 2cm long plus the krab at the moment!), and two internal lines to my Gatewood. You can see one of the lines below. Each line is very thin cord doubled, and knotted at four intervals along it. One end attaches to the hood/pole cradle and the other end attaches to the toggle two-thirds of the way down the cape.

This means you can instantly clip the net to either 'side' of the cape at any of four heights.

Because the net is, well, a giant net it's almost impossible to get its orientation correct in the dark and pissing rain. You end up getting trapped like a poor butterfly in a net. So I stuck a bit of luminous tape to the middle of the tail end. I then pack the net in its bag with just this little tape poking out. Upon deployment, peg this down at the bottom of your mat then drag the bag to the top of your mat, unravelling the net behind it, and clip the krab onto the roof line. It's then easy to position the other pegging points.

I've had a lot of fun experimenting with the cape and the net :smile: . Put some thin wire in the hood while you're at it and replace all the external lines with some of Stu's 0.5mm lines to save a couple more grammes :-bd

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster