Norm's barn clear-out. PART 2

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Norm's barn clear-out. PART 2

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Here's part two. All prices posted and offers invited if you think I'm out on pricing.

1/ WTB Trail Blazers in 27.5" x 2.8 flavour. 2 have seen very little use, the third more so but still in vgc with plenty of life left. Sealant residue at no extra charge but I will give them a wash before posting. £40 for the 3. SOLD

2/ 1 pair of Schwalbe 'Big ones'. 2.35 x 29". A large volume fast rolling tyre as favoured by many Dutch beach racers. Probably less than 50 miles on them. £25 the pair. SOLD
1 pair of V tyre 12's. 2.1" (54c) x 27.5 ... a great gravel tyre if you have the clearance, they're a healthy volume - I didn't. Tubeless ready, fitted then removed. £25 the pair.

3/ Proper Shopper ... this needs a home where it'll be used, perhaps the ultimate van life bike? Based on a Raleigh 20. Frame was converted to run a standard 68mm BSA BB and also braced at the head tube. Front wheel - SA hub built onto 'Ankle Biter' BMX race rim with stainless spokes. Rear is a SA 3 speed with coaster brake, again with the same rim / spokes (I do have a matching rear brake set up that I'll include should you want three brakes). Titec H bars, thumb shifter, Shimano / Miche front brake, stainless chain ring, ESI grips, carbon side stand ... the list goes on. everything was brand new when I built it and pretty much still is. There are a couple of small chips on the frame from storage but generally it's very tidy. £400 ... which probably covers the cost of the wheels and tyres :wink:

4/ Tubus 'Fly' lightweight rack. Made from seamless steel tube but it's that light you'd think it was aluminium. It's not designed for massive loads, more fast and light audax, gravel etc. A few marks but sound. £40 (they retail for between £80 and £100).

5/ As I no longer have a raft, these may as well go. Peak UK, semi dry top in large which I'm told is 39" - 45" chest. Only worn twice, so in VGC as you'd expect. Don't be put off by the colour - the coastguard will love it. £80

YAK High Top PFD. Size is S/M but I've a 40" chest and there's plenty of adjustment left both up and down. Perhaps used 4 or 5 times. £50

6/ Bit of an odd one really. A pair of Salsa 'Enabler' forks plus 29" wheels. The forks allow you to run a rear wheel in the front. The idea is that you fit a SS rear wheel to them and if you damage your gears beyond repair while riding in Alaska or Warrington, you simply swap the front and back over and carry on your merry way. Steerer is 1 1/8" and 190mm long. Front wheel is a rear SS specific (superstar I think) and there's a matching geared rear. I had them fitted to my Inbred for a few years. Not mint but mechanically sound. Full array of mounting points on the forks and they're the nice ones with the stainless dropouts. Price? How about £100 for the lot?

May the bridges you burn light your way
Ben98

Re: Norm's barn clear-out. PART 2

Post by Ben98 »

I'll take the Schwalbes please Stu, PM sent.

(Someone buy the shopper please, I need that temptation removed from my life.)
Tomwoodbury

Post by Tomwoodbury »

Can the tubus rack take a full size pannier?

Cheers
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I suppose it depends what you mean by full size Tom. Tubus rate capacity as 18kg but here's a link to the dimensions etc: https://www.tubus.com/fileadmin/user_up ... TZ_1.0.pdf
Al

Post by Al »

I thought there was some sort of agreement with the wider BB community about you doing a big route on that yellow beast Stu - are you planning a big farewell trip before finding it a new home?
Tomwoodbury

Post by Tomwoodbury »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:54 am
I suppose it depends what you mean by full size Tom. Tubus rate capacity as 18kg but here's a link to the dimensions etc: https://www.tubus.com/fileadmin/user_up ... TZ_1.0.pdf
I have the regular Ortlieb touring ones. From the look of it the front rollers would be more suitable for this rack
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I thought there was some sort of agreement with the wider BB community about you doing a big route on that yellow beast Stu - are you planning a big farewell trip before finding it a new home?
There kind of is Al ... but don't worry, I have a 20" wheeled single speed fold up shopper in the barn :-bd
From the look of it the front rollers would be more suitable for this rack
Maybe Tom. As I say, probably more of a 'fast and light' rack than something for all out touring.
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

I'll take the Trailblazers please Stu. PM on way.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Tell you what Stu, if the shopper hasn't sold by the BB200, I'll volunteer to ride it round. It might give it the reputation it deserves...