Wanted - medium gravel frameset or bike. Now sorted!!

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Retiredtester

Wanted - medium gravel frameset or bike. Now sorted!!

Post by Retiredtester »

My 13yo autistic son is currently obsessing over bikes and bikepacking (obviously a wonderful thing, and very much to be encouraged), but bitter experience tells me that the pendulum wil inevitably swing and he'll move back onto airfix models, bass guitars, dinosaurs, Mongolian folk music (I kid you not), hot wheels or any one of myriad former obsessions. It's his birthday soon and while the temptation is huge to go large and kit him out with something really tasty, it's mitigated somewhat by the knowledge that it'll in all likelihood end up dormant in the shed for long periods when the cycle of obsession moves on.

Long story short, does anyone have a medium (he's about 5ft6, but growing fast) gravel or adventure type frame & forks or complete bike that they're looking to move on? I've got a lot of old components and he likes the idea of a bike build, so either would suit. Not fussed about wheel size or axle standard, but would like it to be disc compatible and have a couple of sets of bottle cage bosses. Ideally going for a drop bar set up. I'm down on South coast near Brighton, but happy to drive a bit. Otherwise would need to have it posted.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Retiredtester on Wed May 04, 2022 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
nobbythesheep

Re: Wanted - medium gravel frameset or bike

Post by nobbythesheep »

I’ve a marin hawk hill I can send you pictures if interested
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Thanks Nobby, but I'm going to hold out for a drop bar set up. Going to have a look at a Boardman adv 8.8 this morning, which looks like a lot of bang for the buck.
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

No worries,but if you change your mind I’ll let it go for £170 posted
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Thanks Nobby, I'll let you know either way.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

All sorted now, thanks