WTD: MTBO board

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

GregMay

WTD: MTBO board

Post by GregMay »

Does anyone have one sitting gathering dust?

Ideally a Mapdec or Miry - something that rotates!
redefined_cycles

Re: WTD: MTBO board

Post by redefined_cycles »

GregMay wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:14 pm Does anyone have one sitting gathering dust?

Ideally a Mapdec or Miry - something that rotates!
I had mine sat gathering dust for ages Greg. Was slightly broken and I might have thrown it away. If not it's yours (an easy fix I believe)...
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

I've a non rotating, 'folded' perspex job. Simple but pretty effective. Easy to turn the map.
slarge

Post by slarge »

I have a Miry one Greg, but it's only for 25.4mm bars. You are welcome to it for postage (£5 or so)

It's old but good condition. My TQ days are in the past I think...
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

HIya, 31.8 ideally - guessing it'd be easy to shim down but not up! I'll pass for now as I've neither small bars nor stems any more :)

It's for the odd MTBO race, I used to use one for Polaris events years ago but sold it on.
slarge

Post by slarge »

GregMay wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:44 pm HIya, 31.8 ideally - guessing it'd be easy to shim down but not up! I'll pass for now as I've neither small bars nor stems any more :)

It's for the odd MTBO race, I used to use one for Polaris events years ago but sold it on.
You could screw a 31.8 bar clamp to it, but in the 10 years it's been lying around I haven't got round to it....

Maybe 1 day it will come back into fashion
RIP

Post by RIP »

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/rotat ... p-303590 ?

Made mine out of an adjustable stem cap bracket, the lid of a storage box, and some knicker elastic. Roll a plastic bag over it to keep map dry if required. Admittedly doesn't rotate but not found that a problem so far.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I used to have a really basic one that someone used to sell at MTBO events for a fiver. Basically a pipe clip and a bit of that closed cell expanded foam board and some bungee cord. Worked well enough. Haven't done MTBO in years and I might have got rid of it but I'll have a look in case you're interested.