SOLD! 29+ wheelset - Hope Pro 2 Evo/Rabbit Hole/Dirt Wizard

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

atk

SOLD! 29+ wheelset - Hope Pro 2 Evo/Rabbit Hole/Dirt Wizard

Post by atk »

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hope Pro 2 Evo laced to polished Rabbit Hole rims. Brand new steel freehub. 3" Dirt Wizards are set up ghetto tubeless (lot of gorilla tape) and have plenty of life left.

Few scratches here and there but no dings in the rims. I reckon the tyres are probably full of cow/sheep sub standard (seeps in under the rim strip). I'll pop the tyres off next time I've got the pressure washer out and give it a clean, but won't be trying to reseat them with a track pump. I expect you'd need to retape them and such if you wanted to go down that route.

Collection from Manchester preferred, but can sort postage. Would also consider splitting if someone wanted the rims + tyres and I'll hold onto the hubs, but not the other way round.
Attachments
PXL_20210828_094441947 (Large).jpg
PXL_20210828_094441947 (Large).jpg (229.27 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Last edited by atk on Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotRoutes

Re: FS: 29+ wheelset - Hope Pro 2 Evo/Rabbit Hole/Dirt Wizard

Post by ScotRoutes »

Just an observation - if these wheels still fit one of your bikes (or, indeed, some of the components do) consider hanging onto them for a while. The components shortages we're now experiencing are likely to get worse for a while and you might regret not having workable spares in your garage.
Wizard of Oz

Post by Wizard of Oz »

Hi - What's the price for rims and tires?
atk

Post by atk »

ScotRoutes wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:13 pm Just an observation - if these wheels still fit one of your bikes (or, indeed, some of the components do) consider hanging onto them for a while. The components shortages we're now experiencing are likely to get worse for a while and you might regret not having workable spares in your garage.
Don't worry, I'm well stocked for spares and barely ride my 29er as it is.
atk

Post by atk »

Wizard of Oz wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:41 am Hi - What's the price for rims and tires?
I've seen a few similar wheelsets go for ~200, so say 100 for rims and tyres? Guess postage might be a tenner on top of that. Looks like I should have a bit of time to clean them up on Saturday and will get some photos.
Wizard of Oz

Post by Wizard of Oz »

Cool please send pics. Sound good for 100 pls postage.
Wizard of Oz

Post by Wizard of Oz »

Hi still interested. But need to see pics. Can you let me know. Cheers
atk

Post by atk »

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gK8EqEvBMcgmmTaZ8

Haven't had as much time to clean them up as I wanted. Still a bit of sealant round the edges of the rims that would need scrubbing out and a lot of old sealant in the tyres. Rim strips were toast and have gone in the bin.

Checked the tyres and nipples, no sign of any slashes/holes or cracking, respectively. Valve holes are a bit scuffed up. Front hub has some pitting on the shell. You'll get a winter out of the rear bearings but they'd probably benefit from replacing after that. There's some swarf rattling inside the front rim, have tried and failed to pick it out. Disc threads all fine.