Kinesis Sync 650b Ti MTB

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

velocipede65

Kinesis Sync 650b Ti MTB

Post by velocipede65 »

First up: Medium Kinesis Sync Titanium (the later 650b version) with mainly Hope parts

FSA headset
Fox 32 forks 120mm travel (almost new – 200 miles tops so excellent condition)
Hope cranks, BB, Tech XC wheels and Tech E4 brakes – all excellent – just heelrub to the cranks
New Nukeproof bars (not the carbon ones shown in the pics), ESI grips
Orange Hope 70mm stem (not the Thomson shown)
Brand X Ascend external dropper
SRAM XO rear mech, XX shifter

Pedals and saddle are NOT included – although if it helps I can throw in some Shimano spd’s

Absolutely superb bike – I had this up for sale a few months ago and decided to keep it but it’s had almost zero use since so time for it to go

Could do it a bit cheaper with a brand new Ritchey alloy seatpost instead of the dropper

Looking for £1600

Next up, Medium Shand Tumshie fatbike, super condition singlespeed build

Shand Tumshie Reynolds 853 frame and full carbon forks, medium (see Shand site for geometry) – less than 18 months old (£1895 for frame and forks only) – invisi-wrapped from new – it’s in very good shape with the only marks I can find being in the tape rather than the paint. No dents or dings.
The frame is built with a Rohloff in mind and the Paragon Machine Works Polydrop dropouts mean there is ultimate flexibility – you can use a belt drive, Rohloff, single speed, or with the simple change of the drive side dropout you could run it 1x with a rear mech.|

Kitted out as follows:

Cane Creek 110 headset
Shimano SLX brakes (brand new, one ride old!)
On One Mickey bars
One One stem
Brand X stealth dropper (brand new)
Shand Eccentric BB (new and eye wateringly expensive!)
Race Face cranks and ring
Hope Fatsno hubs in Orange, built onto Fatlabs 55 rims
Surly Nate 3.8’s set up tubeless
Currently fitted with a 16t On One Groove Armada cog, and will also come with both 18t and 20t
I’ll leave the custom heat formed rear mudhugger mudguard on there!

Saddle, Pedals, Garmin mount, bell and bottle cage not included (although I do have another saddle and a brand new set of black alloy cages I can throw in!)

Absolutely super bike – looking for £1650 NOW SOLD

Collection from Cheshire is fine or happy to box either and ship anywhere in the UK if you cover insured postage

Plenty of pics below:

Last edited by velocipede65 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
velocipede65

Re: Two nice bikes - Kinesis Sync Ti MTB, and Shand Tumshie fatbike

Post by velocipede65 »

Ok so these have had lots of views but no takers so maybe my pricing is out?

How about £1500 each?

Once the first one goes, I’ll probably keep the other one!
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Well you have just joined so nobody knows the first thing about you. You don't say where you live and just say you will post the bikes, so you are essentially asking us to trust a complete stranger with a very large sum of money. You may be a lovely person and very trustworthy, but we don't have any way of knowing that.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Mike / Velocipede has been posting on Singletrack for years, thankfully that lovely Shand is way too small for me :lol:
Boab

Post by Boab »

wriggles wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:49 pm thankfully that lovely Shand is way too small for me :lol:
Thankfully I'm skint, otherwise that ticks a load of boxes... 🙈
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
velocipede65

Post by velocipede65 »

Borderer wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:45 am Well you have just joined so nobody knows the first thing about you. You don't say where you live and just say you will post the bikes, so you are essentially asking us to trust a complete stranger with a very large sum of money. You may be a lovely person and very trustworthy, but we don't have any way of knowing that.
I recognise I’m new here so get where you’re coming from @Borderer

Thanks to @wriggles for the supportive comment above - yes, I’ve actually been in Singletrack since the very beginning (which is so long ago I can’t even remember!!). I only discovered this place because someone on Singletrack recommended it to me, on the basis that these bikes might go down well here (especially the Shand)….

I’m in Cheshire btw, and will amend the ad now to reflect that…
substandard

Post by substandard »

The Shand is mighty nice, I’d say the price was fair on it too having had more than my fair share of fatbikes over the years, if I didn’t already have my dream fatbike I would be all over it.

I know face book is not for everyone but the ukfatbike selling page would get this sold quickly, real shortage of good used bikes around at the minute, especially one as nice as this
velocipede65

Post by velocipede65 »

Thanks @substandard 👍

Just as a side note - I have just taken delivery of a brand new right hand geared polydrop dropout for this, which I’ll throw in - so all options for gearing are completely open now - fit the dropout and you can bolt on a rear mech 👍👍
velocipede65

Post by velocipede65 »

I’ve had these on here for a couple of weeks and no bites so I’m intending to keep them -
So much so I’ve ordered a geared setup for the Tumshie (trying out the Box Four 8 speed wide range setup!)

However, I’ll leave them up here for now and on the basis that “everything’s for sale at the right price” if someone comes across this ad over the next few weeks/months and fancies either bike, let me know…. The Tumshie will, by then, have both geared and SS options 👍
velocipede65

Post by velocipede65 »

The Tumshie is now geared!

It now comes with a brand new 8 speed Box Four shifter, mech and cassette )11-42) giving a nice wide range, along with a brand new 30t Superstar chainring. I chose this setup because it’s actually quite a narrow cassette with a spacer behind, meaning great clearance between chain and tyre.

Also comes with three singlespeed sprockets (16, 28, 20t), spacer kit and chain.
jaseisace

Post by jaseisace »

Hey Mike
Both are too small for me which is annoying
However if you’re thinking of splitting the kinesis please let me know
Cheers
Jase
velocipede65

Post by velocipede65 »

Hi Jase - I might be interested in splitting, depending on what you are after - I'd really want commitment to frame/forks/wheels (realising the frame is no use to you!) before selling off anything else but ping me a pm and let me know what you're after - Cheers!
velocipede65

Post by velocipede65 »

Ok - Tumshie still up for grabs, inc the right hand Rohloff/SS dropout, spacers and cogs for SS setup

£1500 for all of it (currently on FB for £1600)
velocipede65

Re: SOLD Two nice bikes - Kinesis Sync Ti MTB, and Shand Tumshie fatbike

Post by velocipede65 »

Ok, so Tumshie sold but the Kinesis is still here and I'm keen to sell -