WTD: Cheap drivetrain for kids bike

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

yourguitarhero

WTD: Cheap drivetrain for kids bike

Post by yourguitarhero »

Been asked to find some bits for my 9 year old nephew's bike.

It's 3*7 currently, SRAM x-4 and the cassette, chain and rear mech are knackered and my sister can't afford the new parts/can't get them.

So, essentially, just looking for some SRAM parts or even any other brand matching mech and shifter, can be 6,7,8,9 speed... I'll get them a new cassette and chain.
redefined_cycles

Re: WTD: Cheap drivetrain for kids bike

Post by redefined_cycles »

I should have some lx or Deore shifter in the shed/garage. 9 speed. Just pay postage. Been a very long time since last used . Let me know if needed and will dig em out
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

If Shaf comes up trumps with the shifter, I've got a 9 speed XT mech. £postage + enough to buy myself a beer.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I could probably get em hand delivered to Landslide (will leave em in a safe place) so as to save you postage.

Just flicked through both shifter and appears the 3 speeds isn't cycling through fully so might need opening up to check a spring or whatever. The 9 speed appears to be cycling through all 8 clicks (9th one being at the end).

Lemme (or Landslide) know :smile: and if they worked out for you then feel free to drop some dosh into Calderdale mountain rescue...
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

Gents, wonderful stuff!
Exactly what I was looking for.

If combining for postage works then that would be very helpful - best to put the money into the MRT folks!

@Landslide - if you PM me your Paypal or bank details (And mother's maiden name, name of your first pet and a photocopy of your foot) I shall wing some cash over to you.

Ta!

p.s. - what book is that?