Wanted - Great Divide (Tour Divide) Maps

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatpacker

Wanted - Great Divide (Tour Divide) Maps

Post by fatpacker »

It's a bit of a long shot I know but would anyone happen to have a set of the Adventure Cycling Association's map sets like the ones listed here :

https://www.adventurecycling.org/cyclos ... a-map-set/

I know a few people in here have participated in the Tour Divide (anyone who hasn't seen Sweary Dave's YouTube video really should!) but I am looking ti see if anyone has either some of the sections or ideally a full set for sale.

Thanks all in advance.
Dave Barter

Re: Wanted - Great Divide (Tour Divide) Maps

Post by Dave Barter »

I think you might struggle to buy second hand as I would never let go of mine
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
slarge

Post by slarge »

I am thinking of buying a set, however I have heard (and seen) that the standard of US mapping is quite low.

If you are interested in sharing postage drop me a PM

Are you thinking of riding? (I am preparing for 2022 - even have permission from home!!)
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Dave Barter wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:43 pm I think you might struggle to buy second hand as I would never let go of mine
Mine have been folded every which way and the guys I finished with signed the last one so no, not letting go! :lol:

Worth treating yourself to a set, while not the OS gold standard they aren't bad. Just make sure you double check the details for stores and cafes etc to see if they are still open.
fatpacker

Post by fatpacker »

Dave Barter wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:43 pm I think you might struggle to buy second hand as I would never let go of mine
Thanks Dave. I have had a couple of people offer up some of their 'spares' or accidental orders. Kind of ideal really given some of them aren't available at present from the USA.

I think I will just build up the set from individual purchases. I'm in no rush until 2022 but keen to get planning.

P. S. Loved your Tour Divide videos. Really captured the highs and lows of Bikepacking!
fatpacker

Post by fatpacker »

johnnystorm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:03 pm
Mine have been folded every which way and the guys I finished with signed the last one so no, not letting go! :lol:

Worth treating yourself to a set, while not the OS gold standard they aren't bad. Just make sure you double check the details for stores and cafes etc to see if they are still open.
Thanks for the advice. Really appreciated. And I don't blame you for not wanting to part with them!
fatpacker

Post by fatpacker »

slarge wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:47 pm I am thinking of buying a set, however I have heard (and seen) that the standard of US mapping is quite low.

If you are interested in sharing postage drop me a PM

Are you thinking of riding? (I am preparing for 2022 - even have permission from home!!)
Yes the postage is a pain but it's appears that there is a "brexit effect" despite the USA never being involved with the EU. There is a min order of £135 but I am getting conflicting info. I think it may be a short term way of minimising parcel volumes of low cost paralysing an already struggling postage and parcel system? Who knows!

And yes I am going for it in 2022.

Looks like a few of us on here are either definately going or actively planning in hope of going. I might put a post up to see who is planning on it. If a post doesn't already exist that is.
fatpacker

Post by fatpacker »

Maps now sourced by chance from a friend in Canada!

Thank you for everyone who has replied. Good to talk to some of you and good to see a few of us are heading out next year for the Divide.

I have setup a separate thread under "Anyone playing out".
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Enjoy, it's an experience.

You'll see why none of us are willing to separate with our maps after having done it :)
fatpacker

Post by fatpacker »

GregMay wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:50 pm Enjoy, it's an experience.

You'll see why none of us are willing to separate with our maps after having done it :)
Thanks. I can't wait.

Soo many decisions and excuses for more kit though..
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Most expensive free race you'll ever do.
fatpacker

Post by fatpacker »

GregMay wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:34 pm Most expensive free race you'll ever do.

Wise and accurate words those!!!!! 🤣😂