WTD: Road frameset 56cm

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Firmo

WTD: Road frameset 56cm

Post by Firmo »

I know this is probably not the best forum for seeking a road frameset, but I don't really use other forums and I've found in the past that the folks in the BearBones forum are pretty sound.

Anyway - Does anybody have a carbon frame and fork that they would like to part with? I'm 6' so I'm looking for a frame between 55cm and 57cm. I'm not in a position to spend a lot of money, hence me looking for something second-hand, but I would appreciate that if you have anything to let me know.

The reason I am looking: I have (had) a bike from Rose Bikes which has failed. No accident or collision involved, yet they refuse to honour the 6 year warranty. Instead they are offering me (as a gesture of goodwill!!!) 50% off a frame and fork under their crash replacement guarantee (even though the bike has never been involved in an accident).
Note to all: Avoid Rose Bikes.

Thank you.
Firmo
Lazarus

Re: WTD: Road frameset 56cm

Post by Lazarus »

YGM
atk

Post by atk »

If you're not set on carbon and anywhere near Manchester I've got a 56cm Surly Pacer frameset I could do with moving on.

Can't remember the year but it's "disco tomato" so there's decent clearance for 32c+guards with long drop brakes. Will also make a good 650b rando conversion if you're that way inclined.

Fair few paint chips, but structurally sound. Photos (ignore dyno wheel): https://photos.app.goo.gl/N23RrAXhzNuGhyn96
Joe

Post by Joe »

I have a Focus Cayo full carbon frame and fork in 58cm that I need to clear out of the shed. It seems solid to me although has a bit of a scratch on the top tube, mostly looks like its just the clearcoat but I'm cautious with these things. I would still ride it no problem though.

I'd sell it for £60 because it doesn't owe me much, let me know and I can put together a few photos. Got a few bits to go with it like cranks/ shifters/ bars etc..
FLV

Post by FLV »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16623&p=208808&hili ... in#p208808

56cm Alloy cube attain sl, disc, bolt thru.

£75 for frame and fork, if you can collect from Glossop.

I dont have a box so cant post.

Plenty of options there for you eh :lol:
Firmo

Post by Firmo »

Joe wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:52 pm I have a Focus Cayo full carbon frame and fork in 58cm that I need to clear out of the shed. It seems solid to me although has a bit of a scratch on the top tube, mostly looks like its just the clearcoat but I'm cautious with these things. I would still ride it no problem though.

I'd sell it for £60 because it doesn't owe me much, let me know and I can put together a few photos. Got a few bits to go with it like cranks/ shifters/ bars etc..
I think that at 58cm, it'll be a bit big for me, especially with this being a frame with very race-oriented geometry. Otherwise it would have been spot-on for me. Thanks anyway.
Firmo
Firmo

Post by Firmo »

FLV wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:00 pm viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16623&p=208808&hili ... in#p208808

56cm Alloy cube attain sl, disc, bolt thru.

£75 for frame and fork, if you can collect from Glossop.

I dont have a box so cant post.

Plenty of options there for you eh :lol:
I need a fork for normal (caliper) brakes. I'm nowhere near Glossop either. Thanks anyway!
Firmo
Joe

Post by Joe »

Firmo wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 am I think that at 58cm, it'll be a bit big for me, especially with this being a frame with very race-oriented geometry. Otherwise it would have been spot-on for me. Thanks anyway.
Actually I took a look and it doesn't say 58cm on the frame it just says L, I'm 5'11 and it always felt like it fit me but I suppose it is a fairly racy frame. Hope you can find something that works for you :grin: