Alpacka Llama Packraft

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

alastairhumphreys

Alpacka Llama Packraft

Post by alastairhumphreys »

I'm sad to be selling my Alpacka packraft, but hope it finds a good new home. My packraft is old, and undeniably well-used and well-loved! But it is also in superb condition: I would happily use it for crossing Alaska or for many more years of microadventures. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184910504907
Any questions, please ask them on the eBay page.
Alastair
Cheeky Monkey

Re: Alpacka Llama Packraft

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

One post and it's a link to Ebay 😆

C'mon chief, add a little to the community 😉
alastairhumphreys

Sorry, I didn't realise there was anything wrong with doing that.
Many apologies.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

I suppose that constitutes a micro-apology 😏
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

pistonbroke wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:54 pm I suppose that constitutes a micro-apology 😏
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: harsh :lol:
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

Are you giving up pack rafting?

Your eBay listing is doing very well - nearly got enough for a new one! 😳
alastairhumphreys

I don't want to think that I'm 'giving up' as I LOVE my packraft. But I'm conceding that I don't have time these days to do the raft justice, so rather than having it in my house making me feel guilty I thought I'd sell it.
And, yes, it's selling for a decent amount - I hope the next person enjoys it as much as I did. If they do, they'll have a bargain.
Happy packrafting, everyone!
alastairhumphreys

pistonbroke wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:54 pm I suppose that constitutes a micro-apology 😏
😂
RIP

Post by RIP »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:33 pm One post and it's a link to Ebay 😆

C'mon chief, add a little to the community 😉
Seems to be getting more common in Here these days. Folks rolling up to sell stuff. Maybe Dee has some clever algorithm that top slices an advertising fee if the seller has less than, say, 10 posts :grin:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
alastairhumphreys

[/quote]
Seems to be getting more common in Here these days. Folks rolling up to sell stuff. Maybe Dee has some clever algorithm that top slices an advertising fee if the seller has less than, say, 10 posts :grin:
[/quote]

Whilst I totally agree that forums like these only work if people put in as much as they take out, there is a counter-argument that for the Classifieds section at least you just want as much relevant content as possible. In other words, it's good for community members to browse from 100 relevant things to buy than just 10.
Maybe?

Anyway, I stand by my original point of apologising for flogging without contributing if that's not the way things are done here. Sorry!
Happy adventures, everyone!
psling

Post by psling »

alastairhumphreys wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:50 am
Anyway, I stand by my original point of apologising for flogging without contributing if that's not the way things are done here. Sorry!
Looking forward to you contributing more generally to the forums (fora?) here, we have a number of published writers already part of the family plus a large community of riders from all walks of life. I am sure you can provide some interesting comments and, like all of us, may learn some stuff too :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

In other words, it's good for community members to browse from 100 relevant things to buy than just 10.
I reckon we can all browse ebay easily enough without your helpful marketing of your product :wink:

That said there is nothing to stop you and I appreciate that you took the time to respond and engage - we are not always this grumpy :-bd
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

alastairhumphreys wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:56 am I don't want to think that I'm 'giving up' as I LOVE my packraft. But I'm conceding that I don't have time these days to do the raft justice, so rather than having it in my house making me feel guilty I thought I'd sell it.
And, yes, it's selling for a decent amount - I hope the next person enjoys it as much as I did. If they do, they'll have a bargain.
Happy packrafting, everyone!
But… you don’t need much time or space to use a packraft… Some bloke wrote a book that spoke of making time to do stuff… you ought to read it :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

some bloke wrote a book that spoke of making time to do stuff… you ought to read it :lol:

Ooh you scamp you!

Poor Alastair. Actually, I always think that the amount of pisstaking one endures in This Place is a measure of the esteem and respect in which one is held. So on that score Alastair you're right up there (were already anyway obviously), and in record time too :-bd

A belated warm welcome!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

A belated warm welcome!
Splitter :grin:
RIP

Post by RIP »

pistonbroke wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:05 pm
A belated warm welcome!
Splitter :grin:
:smile:

The amount of horrors and deprivations out there on adventures is as nothing to what one has to handle In Here :wink: .

alastairhumphreys

👍👍👍
RIP wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:10 am
some bloke wrote a book that spoke of making time to do stuff… you ought to read it :lol:

Ooh you scamp you!

Poor Alastair. Actually, I always think that the amount of pisstaking one endures in This Place is a measure of the esteem and respect in which one is held. So on that score Alastair you're right up there (were already anyway obviously), and in record time too :-bd

A belated warm welcome!
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

alastairhumphreys wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:50 am
[/quote]

Whilst I totally agree that forums like these only work if people put in as much as they take out, there is a counter-argument that for the Classifieds section at least you just want as much relevant content as possible. In other words, it's good for community members to browse from 100 relevant things to buy than just 10.
Maybe?

[/quote]

Why not remove the listing off of the front page then... and then apologise :-bd just saying. It can be easily done and it's ever so slightly irritating. I wrote my own tiny post about it but then removed it for fear of creating a SingleTrackWorld type of debate.

They're very friendly over there you know. Actually, there's an idea. Why not remove the listing from up here and go advertise on there instead :lol: Might make the headlines :grin:

Just saying...

[Edit: retracted and I apologised... will keep nose out of other business in future and so help me God :smile: :sad: ]
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atk

Post by atk »

RIP

Post by RIP »

:grin:

I've got an old pot and a kettle - a black one as it happens - that I need to move on. Any takers?

redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

atk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:18 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:01 pmJust saying...
Ahem...

viewtopic.php?p=231662#p231662
viewtopic.php?p=205193#p205193
viewtopic.php?p=254124#p254124
Sorry for causing offence or if you disagree. Its the point I'm trying to make that Stu and Dees goodwill need not be taken the wee out of...

Pretty sure Stu will tell you that I regularly feed the bear and these listings of mine were not backhand-marketing... Hopefully someone here might put their hands up to the things (like Ton and many others) that I may have put up for a good home...

Point being the forum is not a freebie marketing site and I also didn't mean to cause offence to the original poster (if he/she takes it like that). Good bit of digging btw and also (just to add).. many or some of the times when I have sold stuff on ebay or the site it's been to fund something to give back to the forum... many times in the form of prizes in some way/shape or form... not cheap tatty rubbish that was ready for the bin and I think a few can attest to that :-bd

So... ahem yourself
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Who's going to post the Panda picture. I haven't got one on my phone :lol:
Trying to ride bikes.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Can I just add that my reaction to this thread has been one of WTAF?
Last edited by ScotRoutes on Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

jay91 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:22 pm Who's going to post the Panda picture. I haven't got one on my phone :lol:
I was thinking of it. Is that enough? :wink:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Boab

Post by Boab »

Too much back seat driving going on in my opinion. It's not up to the general populace to enforce, or even comment on this kind of stuff, that's the job of Stu, Dee and the moderators of that particular bit of the forum.

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.