Dave Barter

Re: Alpacka Llama Packraft

Post by Dave Barter »

Surely Alistair needs this panda just a bit shrunk down
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

K1100T wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:28 pm Too much back seat driving going on in my opinion. It's not up to the general populace to enforce, or even comment on this kind of stuff, that's the job of Stu, Dee and the moderators of that particular bit of the forum.

I will take the Panda.

Thanks very much for the important point Bob. :o :smile:

[Edit: apologies to all thoae concerned- original poster and ATK - for my silly little outburst rant. I've been rehabbed].
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

ScotRoutes wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:26 pm Can I just add that my reaction to this thread has been one of WTAF?
Ditto. I thought we would be better as a group than to jump down the throat of a newcomer for breaking a non-existent rule. I wonder how the responses would have been different if the poster hadn't been a well-known name? I realise there are people that resent the idea of turning "adventure" into a hashtag-able commodity, and hold the OP accountable this, but if that's the way you feel there are better outlets for it than snide comments on a classified ad. It's a bit embarrassing really. "If you don't have anything good to say, say nowt" should apply here.

Time to leave a bowl of bamboo out.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Well, that seemed to escalate quite quickly, never seen so many panda.

When Alistair asked to join the forum, he also disclosed that he had some packrafts he was hoping to sell on the classifieds. The classifieds are probably quite a good place to shift such a thing as there's a reasonable level of cross-over and interest. Now, personally, I dislike direct links to ebay but I can also fully understand why someone would choose to sell something that way rather than placing a direct ad' here - especially if they weren't a veteran of here.

Does it add something to the forum? Yes because it might enable someone to buy a raft that they couldn't otherwise. Does it detract from the forum? Not really. Personally, I also think Alistair took all the ribbing in good humour which is very much the spirit of the place (or should be) :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bloody hell I was all done with this by Post 3.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And for anyone hard of understanding about me rolling my eyes > :cool: :wink: :grin: :cool: :wink: :grin:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:58 pm Well, that seemed to escalate quite quickly, never seen so many panda.
No wonder China has taken them off the endangered list - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-57773472
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry