The Bearbones freecycle thread?

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

The Bearbones freecycle thread?

Post by redefined_cycles »

Not sure if this has a place here. Just thinking out loud and stop me if it's a dumb idea.

Idea being that if you have something that's nice but you don't like or need (not summat that's just ready for the bin please) then chuck it here and let someone else have a go.

donors
Stipulate if you'll provide free postage.

Don't disrespect (like verbally abuse the item.. can't think who'd do such a think).

State whether you'd like the recipient to donate summat towards charity but try not to put a price as it makes it easier for the item to find it's new home.

If for charity (or cause), specify which charity (cause) if you so wish.

New owners
Try to have the intent that you'll try and freecycle something forward yourself.

Don't take it to hoard but only if you think you might have a genuine need, now or in the near future.

Be generous when doing 'donating' but don't put yourself out.

If you think someone else may have a far greater need then, you know, maybe give them first refusal (at your own discretion)..

Add your expression of interest on here first before PMing the seller as it helps the 'timeline'.

If you've had summat off the thread recently then try to give someone else a chance even if they came after you (but as always in proper BBones fashion, it's up to you).

Only make the donation once you've recieved the item so you don't feel overdonating (is there such a thing) and feel free to ask for pics before finalising so you're not wasting each others time.
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Thu May 06, 2021 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: The Bearbones freecycle thread?

You could say Tony started the thread unknowingly when he gave away his sleeping bag (quilt for him) for my little one. So I'll be next in line...

These 2 gorgeous bags which I got free with the holster I got off him.

Alpkit Airlok tapered 13L x 2.

Green is in 8/10 condition and appears to be fully sealed and waterproof strong.

Red is in, maybe 6/10 condition. Only cos some of the sealed seams appear to be coming undone.

Postage at cost (but I'll try to deliver by hand so it'd be free maybe) and a few quid to any of the life rescue charities/projects. Like Mountain rescue or RNLI etc, whichever might be closer to your heart

sqibjib

Post by sqibjib »

Great thread😃😃

I will have a rummage and see if I can add anything. I am sure i have an old chrage stove frame in small if anyone is interestedfor starters.

Cheers stu
Life is better on a bike
After work bivi film https://youtu.be/N-xxarJkrpE
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Thanks for starting this shaf - great idea. Can I baggsy the green bag while I have a rummage for something to stick up here please?
ton

Post by ton »

great idea Shaf.

i have a pair of on one mary bars to go. once i get round to taking em off my tourer.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Nice idea. I think I've put things up in the classifieds for free before, but having a dedicated thread will probably encourage me to stick things up more readily somehow, even though it's no less effort. :-bd
redefined_cycles

Retiredtester wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:11 am Thanks for starting this shaf - great idea. Can I baggsy the green bag while I have a rummage for something to stick up here please?
Sorry man. You was too late as Javatime messaged me at 0720. I will update the rules above so expressions of interest are added in here first (to get the timeline/order of prioritisation right)... Will add another rule up there too hopefully.

NB. The red airlok is still available if you'd like that...
CJR61

Post by CJR61 »

Great idea. I'll have a dig around the garage to see what needs passing on. :smile:
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

No worries shaf. The one I've got has a small hole, so guess yours is probably a better bet. Thanks and let me know what you want for postage.
redefined_cycles

Retiredtester wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:13 am No worries shaf. The one I've got has a small hole, so guess yours is probably a better bet. Thanks and let me know what you want for postage.
Free to you. Anything you wanna add to my Yemen page :-bd I will try and throw it over you gate some time next week...
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:03 am will try and throw it over you gate some time next week...
Ah, Hermes delivery!
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:03 am Free to you. Anything you wanna add to my Yemen page :-bd I will try and throw it over you gate some time next week...
Thanks shaf. Metaphorically over the gate I'm guessing, unless the south coast happens to be on your extended commute?! And I obviously want to cover the postage, so please pm me what I owe. Think I've PayPale'd you in the past, so still got the details.
BobCatMax

Post by BobCatMax »

Lawdy! I have a ton of stuff that might be useful to some. Once the house move is done I will start going through it all

Great idea
Image Image
redefined_cycles

Retiredtester wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:25 am
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:03 am Free to you. Anything you wanna add to my Yemen page :-bd I will try and throw it over you gate some time next week...
Thanks shaf. Metaphorically over the gate I'm guessing, unless the south coast happens to be on your extended commute?! And I obviously want to cover the postage, so please pm me what I owe. Think I've PayPale'd you in the past, so still got the details.
Yes... sorry. I got firestarter mixed with retiredtester. Similar laters but clearly not the same. :lol: PM your address pls and I shall get it posted. Ta
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Easy mistake, but firestarter sounds a lot better than my name. Not sure my bosses at the fire brigade would agree though... Pm on its way.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Retiredtester wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:20 pm Easy mistake, but firestarter sounds a lot better than my name. Not sure my bosses at the fire brigade would agree though... Pm on its way.
Firestarter is a fireman ;)
substandard

Post by substandard »

BobCatMax wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:43 pm Lawdy! I have a ton of stuff that might be useful to some. Once the house move is done I will start going through it all

Great idea
Exactly the same situation for me, I have a whole box of too good to throw out stuff I don’t need!
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Richpips wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:25 pm
Retiredtester wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:20 pm

Firestarter is a fireman ;)
😁 Job creation!
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

:-bd I am indeed, though I'm wholetime and not retained, its the retained that have an old history of job creation in my brigade :lol:
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

👍 Marvelous work life balance, I'm sure you'll agree.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’ve a well used revelate pocket,

It’s seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. It watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Or possibly if your skint and need it you could message me about sending a prepaid envelope, A4 jiffy would do fine I think, oh it’s delaminated x pac so don’t expect it to be waterproof.

NOW GONE
Last edited by BigdummySteve on Sun May 09, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
samwise

Post by samwise »

I've got a well used aquapac waterproof camera/phone case with insert if it's of use to anyone.

Happy to post to new home.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ah7HsmakVoapNq8v5

Cheers,
Sam
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

well it would be retired tester but my Mrs works pretty much opposite me for the nhs so its not that great anymore but better than a lot of things
The Cumbrian

Post by The Cumbrian »

BigdummySteve wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:52 am I’ve a well used revelate pocket
If this is still available Steve, I'll take it off your hands. PM to follow if it is.

Cheers, Michael.
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Sorry went last night, will let you know if it falls through.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark