Re: The Bearbones freecycle thread?

Post by The Cumbrian »

:-bd
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Loads of 9/ 10 speed front and rear mechs - well used and not all with good jockey wheels - so probably suitable for a pub or kids bike.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Alpkit HUNKA xl bivy bag. Postage to me. Whatever you wish to donate, straight to the forum...

Gone. Excellent. FYI. No returns :lol:

But seriously Rob... Hope you get many tears good use from it. It's almost a 3rd the weight/size of my Goretex armty surplus type thing...
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Tue May 18, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ton

Post by ton »

1 x pair of mary bars with some new lifeline grips fitted.

i need a pair of any condition Ergon grips
sqibjib

Post by sqibjib »

I feel like I am in a park in the 70s with Keith chegwin. This is an great thread.

I still have a small charge stove frame if any one need a small frame horizontal drop outs.

Cheers all
Stu
Life is better on a bike
After work bivi film https://youtu.be/N-xxarJkrpE
vdubber67

Post by vdubber67 »

Lomo Bivi Pole: https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/medium- ... ml#SID=100

Random sections of lightweight fibreglass poles - possible to connect two or three together. Two of them weight 125g. Might be useful for tarp rigging etc.
thumbnail_IMG_3263.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3263.jpg (325.04 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
Drop me a line at rtedgeAThotmail.com if you'd like them
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

Ton, I've got some red Ergon grips you can have. Good nick on the grips, a few wee cuts on the ends.
They are the GE1 model I believe, so flat - not with the palm rest.
Drliamski

Post by Drliamski »

slarge wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:43 am Loads of 9/ 10 speed front and rear mechs - well used and not all with good jockey wheels - so probably suitable for a pub or kids bike.
Anything 10 speed with a clutch?
Drliamski

Post by Drliamski »

ton wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:10 pm 1 x pair of mary bars with some new lifeline grips fitted.

i need a pair of any condition Ergon grips
I have a set of gripshift ergons, they are small so only 100mm long?
slarge

Post by slarge »

Drliamski wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:37 pm
slarge wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:43 am Loads of 9/ 10 speed front and rear mechs - well used and not all with good jockey wheels - so probably suitable for a pub or kids bike.
Anything 10 speed with a clutch?
I had a good search - thought I had a scrap XTR shifter with clutch but must already have been chucked. Sorry, no clutch mechs.... :sad:
Drliamski

Post by Drliamski »

Have you a 10 speed derailleur in good condition?
robsmuddygloves

Post by robsmuddygloves »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:42 am Alpkit HUNKA xl bivy bag. Postage to me. Whatever you wish to donate, straight to the forum...
Bivvy bag nabbed, cheers. This means I can now go on an adventure with my eldest son. Thanks once again!
redefined_cycles

Hi all...

Am trying to go bearfoot running/walking. Some people say barefoot and others would even say it's not pure barefoot if you've got shoes on :o

Anyway, got these and popped em in the running shoes and then hardly used em. https://www.shoeinsoles.co.uk/sorbothan ... soles.html

Now Ive5found my new barefoot calling and checked on these lovely insoles and they have a heel to toe drop even though they don't look it. I got the UK10 and haven't cut em down. They're fresh enough that they could be passed off as brandnew (and I can't actually remember using them as I don't even know if they're any good)... Look very well made and I'll stop with the sales pitch as they're not actually for sale. Feel free to feed bear if you managed to save on postage and/or you like em.

If taker could, then postage at your end would be appreciated but I'll try and drop in person if able. Ta for looking.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Can anyone save any of these fine and useful items before they find their way to the bin?
If so, they can come your way for the cost of postage.

First up is a frame bag - bit random, it's a practice piece from before I made my proper frame bag and is just scraps of material, so not waterproof. It's functional though - might be useful for a child, or just to leave on a pub bike?
50cm along the top tube, 35cm along the seat post

Elite bottle cage mounts. Two pairs of these, one used, and cut down for a fairly skinny tubed frame, and one new.

Some somewhat scruffy but definitely still functional knee pads - medium or large?

Exped pump. No longer needed as I use a pump bag

The finest high viz fleecy buff in the land - I've ended up with two of these, and only have one neck (maybe I'll make a pair of shorts if there's no takers? :lol: )

On One cross top levers

Short drop V-brake - for your drop bar retro MTB conversion needs

Basic Shimano brakes. I believe these suffered from the common micro leak problem, but I'm sure there's a fix for that if someone has the time, or maybe the levers would be useful to someone.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Please may I have the bottle cage mounts? Will PM you.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Bottle cage mounts on their way to a new home soon.
substandard

Post by substandard »

I could make use of the frame bag, I will take it and list some things up on here in exchange.

Pm me over a PayPal address and I’ll send some tokens for postage/beer/whatever
redefined_cycles

I have my Osprey Raptor. Buckles are a bit knackered so could do with renewing but other than that it's ace. If anyone wants to try and renew the buckles (it's a bitore involved than you'd think and I don't wanna put rubbish buckles on) and is willing donate a few quid to one of my charity projects (Afghanistan and now the Pakistan earthquake) then it could come your way.

Pics coming up if anyone interested :smile:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

substandard wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:53 pm I could make use of the frame bag, I will take it and list some things up on here in exchange.

Pm me over a PayPal address and I’ll send some tokens for postage/beer/whatever
PM incoming
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I forgot to add this: map board from my MTBO days. MYOG, but not by me. Just a sheet of lightweight rigid foam board, a pipe clip (diameter 28mm approx), and some bungee cords.
benconnolli

Post by benconnolli »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:43 pm I have my Osprey Raptor. Buckles are a bit knackered so could do with renewing ...
Hi mate,

How much capacity does it have? Could it fit a laptop?(small roughly A4 paper sized or regular 13")
I have an osprey talon 10 and when I decide to use it, I'm always wanting for slightly more space. Mainly so I don't have to spend 3 minutes compressing every item in there whenever something goes in or out.
redefined_cycles

benconnolli wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:11 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:43 pm I have my Osprey Raptor. Buckles are a bit knackered so could do with renewing ...
Hi mate,

How much capacity does it have? Could it fit a laptop?(small roughly A4 paper sized or regular 13")
I have an osprey talon 10 and when I decide to use it, I'm always wanting for slightly more space. Mainly so I don't have to spend 3 minutes compressing every item in there whenever something goes in or out.
Hi Ben, hopw you're well. It's an 18L but I doubt it would fit an a4 laptop. Are you local enough to me? If so you could easily try it for size. I'm hoping to upgrade soon to the 26L but if no-one takes this then I'll just upgrade/renew the buckles myself.

Here's a link to what I have https://youtu.be/Bsfqhs4ElQI

Its the chest and belt strap buckles that are broken. All shoulder strap and synching down buckles are still in very good condition IMO...

Shafiq
redefined_cycles

NB. It's the red version (not green as in the vid).

Edit: Soz about the Chris Froome ad before the vid - really do wish he and many other celeb folk would stop with the sports washing of Israels apartheid system/crimes.
redefined_cycles

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:43 pm I have my Osprey Raptor. Buckles are a bit knackered so could do with renewing but other than that it's ace. If anyone wants to try and renew the buckles (it's a bitore involved than you'd think and I don't wanna put rubbish buckles on) and is willing donate a few quid to one of my charity projects (Afghanistan and now the Pakistan earthquake) then it could come your way.

Pics coming up if anyone interested :smile:
Bag now sorted/no longer available :-bd
redefined_cycles

Some Vittoria Mezcal 27.5 × 2.6. Too slippery for my needs. Ridden less than 40 miles probably.

Postage at cost and whatever someone wishes to donate (preferably to my notEveresting for Afghanistan page but happy for plan Bs). Pics on request and it'll ptobably have one last outing tomorrow maybe...