FS: Kona Unit Bike or F+F

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

FS: Kona Unit Bike or F+F

Post by FLV »

Size large, green, 2021 bike / frame and fork
Purchased as a bike but with very few original parts.

Full bike as follows.
Kona Unit large frame, 2021 green.
Kona Unit fork, 2021, green, matches frame.

Front Wheel, OE hub and WTB i40 rim. Unused.
Front tyre, wtb Ranger 29x3.0 - used but plenty life
Rear Wheel, Stans flow 1 wheel with flow (29mm) rim and stans hub (with spacers to make it boost)
Maxxis Ikon 29x2.35 rear tyre, well used

XT brakes with random disc rotors
Slx boost cranks and SLX ring 34t
Wolf tooth rear cog 22t
SRAM 8 speed Chain
Stooge Moto bars.
Ergon Grips
Seatpost will not be the dropper currently fitted, it will be another such as a lovemud or similar.

£700 collected or delivered around the Peak ish or Coventry when I go into work (every other week, once a week)

(Frame / Fork + Headset £400 - can be posted. But only selling this way if no-one wants the full bike)

InspiredRamblings

Re: FS: Kona Unit Bike or F+F

Post by InspiredRamblings »

I'm interested in your experience of the Unit and why you're selling...? I have been contemplating a Unit X...
Salsa Horsethief XT (2020)
Jamis Dragonslayer (2016)

http://www.uninspiredramblings.com
FLV

Post by FLV »

Hi.
It seems a good quality bit of kit. It just doesn't ride how I wanted this bike to ride.

I discovered with this bike, I much prefer a more traditional seat angle, this is 75 but to me, compared to my other bike it feels weird. I just can't get used to it.
I also have reminded myself that rigid forks on MTB s are deffinatly not for me.
I tried 100mm forks on it which obviously helped the rigid part but made the seat angle feel weirder when going along a trail.

Plenty of people like these modern seat angles, and these are popular, but I don't get on with it.

So rather than ride it and put a load of wear on it, I'll move it on. If it sells.

You can have a spin round local here if you want a try of it (even of you don't want to buy it) to see if you like them. I'm in Glossop.

Just in case you needed to know, this one will take gears, I might even have some parts :lol: :shock:
InspiredRamblings

Post by InspiredRamblings »

Ah, interesting. How did you find the bar height? Had read some concerns that the stack was particular low, tho other reports (as you say) of it all being v comfy.

Thanks for the offer... I’m not quite ready to buy yet (trying to sell my Dragonslayer first!), but it would useful... although it’s a bit of a trek up for me from Bath...
Salsa Horsethief XT (2020)
Jamis Dragonslayer (2016)

http://www.uninspiredramblings.com
FLV

Post by FLV »

I have about 30mm of spacers and stooge bars. Its a higher hand position than my chameleon so I haven't found an issue with that at all.
FLV

Post by FLV »

I have about 30mm of spacers and stooge bars. Its a higher hand position than my chameleon so I haven't found an issue with that at all.

I'd rather bikes like this came with completely uncut steerer tubes personally.
FLV

Post by FLV »

No Interest before Ebay ?

I'll knock a whole £25 off - £675 / £375
faustus

Post by faustus »

Quite tempting but I have a 2018 L Unit already! I'd be interested in the rear wheel if it takes 135 QR? I guess you'll want to sell the whole bike first though...