Van Nicholas Euros

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

Van Nicholas Euros

Post by fatbikephil »

Thought I'd put this up on here in case anyone is after a nice road bike...
Van Nicolas Euros Titanium frame road bike. Full Sram rival groupset 2x 10. wheels are Miche M707 races. These are pretty good with nice cartridge bearing hubs and aero spokes. Bars are 46cm Salsa woodchippers, stem FSA, seat post USE alien. Its got a nice Ti flite saddle which is surprisingly comfortable. The original groupset had a 130 BCD crank with 39 / 53 to an 11/26 cassette. In 2015 I got a new old stock Rival compact chainset (34/50), mid arm derailleur and an XT 11/32 cassette (and a chain) as the original gearing was brutal on anything more than a short climb. This will get you up anything! When I got the frame, it came with a pair of unbranded carbon forks. I used these for a bit but then fitted a pair of Cannondale 'slice' forks as they looked nicer. Its fitted with these (carbon blades, ally steerer) via a Hope headset but will come with the others as well. Built up in 2012. The groupset is 6 months older as it was first fitted to a cannondale, other bits similar vintage.

Size wise, its a 60, however its funny sizing as the seat tube is 57cm, the top tube is 57.7cm and the head tube is 18cm. BB drop is 70mm. So its actually the same size as my 58cm Surly Pacer. I'm 6'1" with 33" inside leg and it fits me perfectly.

In terms of use it saw a fair bit of service until 2015 - a couple of thousand miles I'd estimate. It was mainly used in the dry but saw plenty of rain, although no road salt. I did my back in early 2016 so its languished since, only seeing use on the turbo trainer. I used it a couple of times last year and once a few weeks back. So the chain, sprockets and chainrings have had very little use - a couple of hundred miles at the most. I'll chuck in the original drive train which has plenty of life left in it if you live somewhere flat.

Condition wise the frame is nigh on mint - just a few rubbing marks where the brake cable outer goes round the head tube. No dings, scrapes or cracks. The rims are well within service life, its still on the original brake blocks which are worn but serviceable. Hubs are smooth - I did strip down the freewheel at some point to clean and re-grease. The seat pin is a bit scuffed but functional. Its got a pair of new 'Lifeline' (Wiggle value brand) tyres on it which are fine, despite being 'value'. I'll also chuck in a pair of michelin race tyres - front is fairly unworn, rear half worn - which are very light and somewhat puncture prone.

£800. Prefer pick up but can sort postage. More photos on request.

wriggles

Re: Van Nicholas Euros

Post by wriggles »

Lovely bike.