Charity auction: L/M Patagonia Belay jacket converted to vest

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Charity auction: L/M Patagonia Belay jacket converted to vest

Post by redefined_cycles »

As part of my recycling strategy and i suppose to populate that there thread, here it goes. A beautiful Patagonia jacket which I saved for £20 from one of the BBers wardrobes. I just needed the sleeve for water jacket duties.

Would have been such a shame letting a lovely Patagonia jacket go in the bin. So I spoke to Dan who thought it'd cost £20 tops to do a job on it and save it. Sadly he underestimated the time it'd take and misquoted. I had the hat removed and arms taken off - one of which to be used as my water bladder sleeve - and also resized with a new zip. He added a lovely zipper that's same or higher quality than a YKK and it's a glow-in-the-dark.

The result is phenomenal and it can be seen he spent many man-hours loving it up and re-engineering it. It's now a beautiful body warmer and no longer USA sized belay. Fit is closer to a Rab microlight in medium.

Fast forward to now... I've spent £45 altogether so far and think it should benefit the wider community. I really reckon it has many many more years of life left thanks to Dan (Ledburner on here) without whom it would have been a lost case.

Here's the pics and proceeds will go to either my Yemen-Hunger-Crisis page, the RNLI or the Mountain Rescue team Greg works for. I will let the winner decide that and after receiving payment I will forward it on. I will also absorb the postage costs :-bd

Stitching as you can see is spot-on

Hat was removed

He even managed to save the bungee cord which is genius in my books

Can be compacted into smaller than an Arcteryx boot :-bd both quality...

Feels so nice when on
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: Auction: L/M Patagonia Belay jacket converted to vest

Bidding we will start at £11

Please only bid if you plan to utilise or gift to someone that'll use it. It's too high tech and invested-in to have it laying about.

Happy bidding and if there's anything you can do to raise the profile and grt more interest then feel free. I left it off ebay as I feel it'll be more appreciated here. Plus Dans workmanship really does need to be seen/admired.

Proceeds via myself to YemenHungerCrisis, Mtn Rescue Calderdale/Todmorden or the RNLI so your bid will be doing, well... erm... 'go nice places, do nice things'. Alpkit would be so proud!
HUX

Re: Charity auction: L/M Patagonia Belay jacket converted to vest

Post by HUX »

Oooo what's the pit to pit measurement please.
redefined_cycles

HUX wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:59 pm Oooo what's the pit to pit measurement please.
Thanks Hux...

52cm edge to edge at the waiste.

53cm pit to pit.

46cm shoulder to shoulder..

70cm top of neck front to the bottom end of zipper.

81cm back of neck to bottom of spine
redefined_cycles

Marks above didn't wash out when I put it through the wash before sending it for resizing...

[img] Thesehttps://i.imgur.com/rhA1SKy.jpg [/img]
Some pen marks which I'm sure will just wash out...

These are really the only wear/tear marks I can see but even then I doubt it'd cause problem (as it seems to be a double sleeve for the bungee cord running through
HUX

Post by HUX »

Sadly too small for me :cry:
redefined_cycles

Not a problem Hux... such a shame :-bd