Wtd: xtr rear mech/shifter 11spd

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Wtd: xtr rear mech/shifter 11spd

Post by redefined_cycles »

Anyone got any of the above bits. Something nice to go on Butcher (the bike). Not wanting to spend too much but interested to see what bling is out there please..
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FLV

Re: Wtd: carbon riser bars, drivetrain, pedals, 2.6 wide tires x 29er, cranks...

Post by FLV »

What cranks do you need? Boost or not boost?

I have not boost, SLX and XT. I'll do some photo's
Mythste

Re: Wtd: carbon riser bars, drivetrain, pedals, 2.6 wide tires x 29er, cranks...

Post by Mythste »

FLV wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:08 pm What cranks do you need? Boost or not boost?

Can I have a quote for whichever one(s) OP Isn't interested in please? :grin:
redefined_cycles

FLV wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:08 pm What cranks do you need? Boost or not boost?

I will take the XT please as long as they don't look worn. The hubs are orange so hopefully go with the frame color. Might as well get everything looking a bit blingety bling... I reckon I shoild be able to collect this week some time Dave (as there's shifts down your ends)...

Looking forward to the pics/prices... let me know how much for either please Dave
redefined_cycles

NB. Actually can you give us the price including postage please Dave. I'll take the better looking one. Let you decide which looks more appropriate for a bike named Butch(er)... PM me how to send payment please kind sir...
ton

Post by ton »

got some 3 month old 9 speed stuff you can have if any good. FOC :-bd
mech, cassette, shifters, chain. needs a clean tho.
redefined_cycles

ton wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:55 pm got some 3 month old 9 speed stuff you can have if any good. FOC :-bd
Hi Ton... trying to stick with 1x but your proposition sounds ace. What is it please (Deore ?)
FLV

Post by FLV »

Hi Shaf, they are indeed worn, XT most so at the top :grin:

More recent SLX bottom right have the same silly bolt pattern. I have a brand new unused 34/24 pair of slx rings for those (+£15 no bolts included)

Older SLX on the left has a round pattern and may have had a file taken to the edges of the chainring 'arms'

£22 quid a set, in the post. No BB, No Chainrings (I will remove any attached), NOT Boost.
Packaging will be haphazardly cobbled together from bits of card.

£15 a set collected in Glossop, delivered / left in a garden in Burnley on Friday night, or hidden behind that wall Shaf, you know... where you hid the crown race :lol:

Mythste, Same price, same deal for whichever Shaf doesn't want. Maybe PM me to free up Shaf's thread :-bd
redefined_cycles

I will take the old silver slx and that xt at the top please Dave. I'm gonna assume they'll take 1x easy enough...

I'll have em delivered to 'The Wall please Dave. Tell me when :-bd remind me your paypal and I shall forward the £30 across shortly...
FLV

Post by FLV »

Cool. I'll PM you the payment and make a plan to deliver to the wall :-bd

1x is all I ever used them for yes.
redefined_cycles

ton wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:55 pm got some 3 month old 9 speed stuff you can have if any good. FOC :-bd
Tony... I'm all sorted for (part of) the drivetrain afterall so gonna give the 9 speed a miss. Probably stick with 1x11 (unless absolute black have any rings that a 12s compatible to go on the older cranks I've just grabbed off Dave...
ton

Post by ton »

no worries mate.
redefined_cycles

Re: Wtd: 31.8 seatpost

Threas title changed. 31.8 seatpost. Something a bit special but not stiff and painful (for me it's always been) like a Thomson. Ritchey WCS would be ideal...
samwise

Post by samwise »

What length seatpost do you need?
redefined_cycles

samwise wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:42 am What length seatpost do you need?
At least 350 I'd say. Might even be 400... What length have you got please Sam and what is it pls
jameso

Post by jameso »

Shafiq, the Ramin takes a 27.2 post if you can get or still have the shim for it, and *I think* it's 30.9mm w/o a shim not 31.8mm. Can check a drawing later today if that helps.
redefined_cycles

jameso wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:06 am Shafiq, the Ramin takes a 27.2 post if you can get or still have the shim for it, and *I think* it's 30.9mm w/o a shim not 31.8mm. Can check a drawing later today if that helps.
Oh... erm... really. Let me check it out again. Pretty certain my calipers measured up at 31.8mm on the post that's already in there... :???:
redefined_cycles

Re: Wtd: xtr rear mech/shifter 11spd

Xtr 11 sped has been added to the wants list. Otherwise I'll just have to buy an XT off CRC some time soon.

Anyone?? Need it to be a looked after one without lots of mud stuck inside and all over :grin:
redefined_cycles

jameso wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:06 am Shafiq, the Ramin takes a 27.2 post if you can get or still have the shim for it, and *I think* it's 30.9mm w/o a shim not 31.8mm. Can check a drawing later today if that helps.
Yup... defineilty not a 27.2... I just rechecked and removed the post. Its actually 31.6 I needs... Looks like Evans might have done a Planet X on you :-bd
jameso

Post by jameso »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:49 pm
Yup... defineilty not a 27.2... I just rechecked and removed the post. Its actually 31.6 I needs... Looks like Evans might have done a Planet X on you :-bd
Just checked the CAD file and it is 31.6. My ropey memory, not Evans doing anything wrong :grin:
31.6 to 27.2 shim and a 27.2 post (with a good seat clamp as it can be more slippage-prone with a shim) will be the comfiest :-bd
redefined_cycles

Re: Wtd: xtr rear mech/shifter 11spd

True... but it'll not do the name Butcher any good (with a fat seattube that joins into this puny looking seatpost :lol: )...