Escape Goat

Re: Wanted: QR adapters for Hope Pro 4

Post by Escape Goat »

Front or rear?
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Are they different?

Rear, though I've got a pair of hubs, and I might swap the front one into the wheel currently on the bike, so I would take a front/rear set if there was one going.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Is the Pro 4 the sqme as the pro 2 adaptors. Can't see them being different to be fair. I have some pro2 ones from yesteryear...
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I may have some rear ones in the garage you can have for free. I can check tonight.
samwise

Post by samwise »

I've used Pro 2 QR adapters in Pro 4 and vice versa. The front and rear are different though.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

That makes things easy then.

Brilliant, thanks Sean. Happy to cover the postage and/or feed the bear.

Thanks as well Shaf. Will let you know if Sean doesn't fin any, assuming you don't want to undercut his offer :lol:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

A look on the Hope website shows that the Pro 2 and Pro 4 front adapters have the same part number, so are the same.

For the rear, the non-drive side are the same. The drive side ones have different part numbers so may be different, but they may still work.

If the others above don't have the bits you need PM me and I'll rummage in the spares box.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Rear hub: Pro2 EVO and Pro4 use same adapters both sides for QR and 142 x 12. Older Pro2 (Non EVO) use different adapters.

Front: Pro2, Pro2 EVO and Pro4 all use same adapters
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

wriggles wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 am Older Pro2 (Non EVO) use different adapters.
I should have remembered that as I've converted my Pro 2 (Non EVO) to EVO spec by using an EVO axle/spacer and freehub, I did it at the same time as going from QR to 142. The hub bodies are identical they just changed the axle/freehub for the EVO and only on the DS.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

sean_iow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:21 am
wriggles wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 am Older Pro2 (Non EVO) use different adapters.
I should have remembered that as I've converted my Pro 2 (Non EVO) to EVO spec by using an EVO axle/spacer and freehub, I did it at the same time as going from QR to 142. The hub bodies are identical they just changed the axle/freehub for the EVO and only on the DS.
Think on some hubs you bought from me as supplied the rear with axle not fitted :grin:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

OK, maybe not quite that simple, but shouldn't be a problem for my case.

One of you can probably tell me what the difference with the EVO hubs is, just out of interest... ?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

thenorthwind wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:30 pm One of you can probably tell me what the difference with the EVO hubs is, just out of interest... ?
Original Pro 2 there is a step in the axle at the freehub, it useds smaller bearings in the freehub. It is 17mm dia at the wheel bearings and (I think) 15mm at the freehub.

On the 2 EVO the axle is the same dia all the way through (17mm) so it has a freehub with larger bearings.

It doesn't matter on a QR Pro 2 as the hole down the middle of the axle is only sized for a skewer. If you have a 142x12 it uses a different axle with a 12mm hole down the centre but this means it is only 1.5mm thick at the section in the freehub. This has caused failures where the axle cracks/breaks. Hence why I convert to using EVO axles in mine as they are set up 142x12.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

sean_iow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:49 pm Original Pro 2 there is a step in the axle at the freehub, it useds smaller bearings in the freehub. It is 17mm dia at the wheel bearings and (I think) 15mm at the freehub.

On the 2 EVO the axle is the same dia all the way through (17mm) so it has a freehub with larger bearings.

It doesn't matter on a QR Pro 2 as the hole down the middle of the axle is only sized for a skewer. If you have a 142x12 it uses a different axle with a 12mm hole down the centre but this means it is only 1.5mm thick at the section in the freehub. This has caused failures where the axle cracks/breaks. Hence why I convert to using EVO axles in mine as they are set up 142x12.
I see, makes sense. Thanks.
Escape Goat wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 am I may have some rear ones in the garage you can have for free. I can check tonight.
Just realised I called you Sean before Allen. Can't see how that would cause any confusion :lol: Could you have a look for me please? Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT1aCuP ... y%27sVault