ZPacks Altaplex nearly new!

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

ZPacks Altaplex nearly new!

Post by BigdummySteve »

The COVID effect on the entertainment industry has cut my income nearly in half, so VERY reluctantly I’ve got to raise some funds.
New in May it’s had 4 nights out including one in the garden and comes with at suitably long and stout carbon pole from our Norm. Big, roomy and stupidly light due to cuben fibre and stealthy due to the now unavailable camo cuben.

https://zpacks.com/products/altaplex-tent#images-8

A new one will cost you around £600 after you have paid the import duty, plus pole

£400 inc pole posted
Last edited by BigdummySteve on Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
slarge

Re: ZPacks Altaplex nearly new!

Post by slarge »

I wish........

Good luck with the sale Steve
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Amazing...
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

I know we spoke about it before Steve, but have you looked at moving into the crane side of things or tail lifts , I know there’s plenty of work still out there in that type of work , mate
If you do consider it let me know and I’ll put a couple of companies names your way worth trying, really don’t like seeing the aftermath of these lockdowns on people’s livelihoods
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Cheers Stu, previously I was locked into a contract and would have had to payback a lot of cash for my Ipaf and other licenses etc. Much as I like swanning around the West end the freelance culture in the industry means that my base wage is low and I make the rest up in bonus and overtime.
The downside is 80% of my base wage isn’t enough to live on. What I really need is to change careers, divorce lawyers appear to earn a very healthy wage :lol:
Let me know and I’ll have a look and possibly get a few CV’s out. I love my job but I’ve only worked 6 days in the last 3 months, many of the freelancers I know haven’t worked since March, most are one man limited companies who take a tiny wage and live on dividends. Bloody tragic to see some of the best riggers in the business cleaning toilets.

Albere33

Post by Albere33 »

Pm sent.
BigdummySteve

Re: ZPacks-SOLD

Post by BigdummySteve »

SOLD

RIP

Post by RIP »

Sorry to hear that Steve mate. Feel for you.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Cheers Chris, not a complete disaster. Tim has offered a deal which includes another shelter so I’m not out of the game completely.
I count myself lucky, the entertainment industry has been decimated by the pandemic, many I know haven’t worked in nearly a year and due to being freelance haven’t had any help. The second lockdown was a real killer, many productions took the gamble and were just getting small scale shows ready, rigging, cast and all the hidden costs of shows down the drain.

There’s many far worse off than me.

Albere33

Post by Albere33 »

Nice one Steve looking forward to getting out in it! Was trying to work out what the orange thing hanging on the washing line is in the top picture. A spray deck? A bivy?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A TDF winners jersey