looking for a xl hub geared bike.

longshot i know, but you never know.

anyone ?
Hamish

Re: wtd, XL hub geared bike.

Post by Hamish »

Not mine... And the cable routing seems a bit weird but just in case:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Surley-Karat ... SwQHVf15OP

I am not sure that a K Monkey makes the easiest conversion as compared to an Ogre, ECR, etc.
ton

Post by ton »

i had seen that on the bay Hamish, thanks tho. :-bd

i have a ecr, and keep thinking about just buying a hub and new wheel and doing it myself. but the rear facing dropouts are a pita.
something with a ebb would be a lot nicer.
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

I dont know if they still make them but I had a salsa el mariachi with swinging rear dropouts set up with rohloff they worked great too
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

ton wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:48 am i had seen that on the bay Hamish, thanks tho. :-bd

i have a ecr, and keep thinking about just buying a hub and new wheel and doing it myself. but the rear facing dropouts are a pita.
something with a ebb would be a lot nicer.
I had a Thorn with an ebb which was great, but it did mess with my seat/pedal position a bit. The Surly system is a bit annoying... But it works and it doesn't bother me know I'm used to it. The worst aspect is if you use full mudguards. If you don't then it's quick to remove the wheel. If you do you need to put those quick release things on the m/g stays. I use a Surly chain tug.

When I get round to it... I will probably stick the Rohloff on an ECR myself. Troll wheels feel oh so small now!