Wtd - Avid Ultimate Speed Dial Black Ops v brake levers

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

polarcherry

Wtd - Avid Ultimate Speed Dial Black Ops v brake levers

Post by polarcherry »

Gutted to miss out on a pair on eBay a couple of days ago for £84.

Anybody got a pair in their parts bin unloved and willing to sell?

Would settle for a pair of Paul Components Love Levers but love the fact speed dials work with both canti and v-brakes
polarcherry

Re: Wtd - Avid Ultimate Speed Dial Black Ops v brake levers

Post by polarcherry »

Just interested as lots of people on here have been riding for decades like me.

Does anybody have a pair of levers but not selling, or are they really that rare?

I replaced a set of xtr v brakes with a set of black ops v-brakes back in the day but then sold them for an original set of Hope C2 when frame and forks started being spec’d with disc mounts.
atk

Post by atk »

Not those levers, but I did have a set of the the black ops v brakes and stupidly sold them a few to a mate a few years back. He's still looking for a set of the ops levers at the right price and is refusing to sell them back. I keep missing out when they do come up.

Picked up some Paul Motolites that I'll try instead but i'm not totally convinced by them, although they do look cool. On the hunt for a set of Paul Neo Retro cantis in silver mind, if anyone happens to be sitting on some of those :roll:
polarcherry

Post by polarcherry »

Yep, there are some silly prices on eBay for the levers and vbrakes.

I knew when I bought them originally they were top of range but don’t remember them being that rare at the time.

The pair I missed last week was procrastinating, should have just pressed buy button knowing I could sell them on again.

Paul levers are lovely and sealed bearing pivot aswell but you either have to buy the canti or the love lever. While the Avids do both types of brakes
slarge

Post by slarge »

I have a pair of Avid Speed Dial 7 Ti V brake levers and brakes sitting in a box somewhere. At the time (2002) they were good brakes - and last time I looked in the box they were in good condition (still should be I think).

Are these of interest?
polarcherry

Post by polarcherry »

Thanks for the offer on brakes but that’s similar to what I have already.

Trying to get the perfect cable disc set up and the Avid Ultimates run on sealed bearings rather than bushings and are cnc’d so are super stiff. Which will take the last bit of squish out of a cable set up
polarcherry

Post by polarcherry »

Just in case......one can hope
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

polarcherry wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:22 pm Just interested as lots of people on here have been riding for decades like me.

Does anybody have a pair of levers but not selling, or are they really that rare?

I replaced a set of xtr v brakes with a set of black ops v-brakes back in the day but then sold them for an original set of Hope C2 when frame and forks started being spec’d with disc mounts.
I dunno a out BlackOps. But I used to love my XTR v brakes. Was so sad to see em all go. Never knew anything about Black Ops. I alwaya thought SD7 (the older ones) were the best. Just starting to look for some Vs for my daughters Carrera bike so good tome for this thread, thanks. If anyone has anything thats decent and not worth as much as the Black Ops stuff then I may be interested.

Really sorry PolarCherry for adding my needs to your thread. Hope you don't mind :smile:

I have some single digit 7 and 1 for the v brake duties but would be interested in what else is available. Cos some xt or xtr cables are going on so may as well give it a full once over...
redefined_cycles

slarge wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:14 am I have a pair of Avid Speed Dial 7 Ti V brake levers and brakes sitting in a box somewhere. At the time (2002) they were good brakes - and last time I looked in the box they were in good condition (still should be I think).

Are these of interest?
Steven. How much do you want for these please (doubt they'd be in my budget but I'll ask anyway)... :???:
slarge

Post by slarge »

I’ll dig them out Shaf to make sure they are ok - I haven’t used them for many years so they’re not worth much to me.

Make me an offer - I doubt I’ll refuse 😄
redefined_cycles

slarge wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:39 pm I’ll dig them out Shaf to make sure they are ok - I haven’t used them for many years so they’re not worth much to me.

Erm... £31 :o
redefined_cycles

Plus postage on top obviously
redefined_cycles

slarge wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:39 pm I’ll dig them out Shaf to make sure they are ok - I haven’t used them for many years so they’re not worth much to me.

Steve... I hope the above offer wasn't/isn't offensive :lol: :o
slarge

Post by slarge »

Hi Shaf, was thinking more like £20 +postage so £25 all in. Just dug them out of my spares box and they are pretty good condition, but maybe new pads will be needed soon.

Pm me your address and I can get them in the post tomorrow
redefined_cycles

slarge wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:05 pm Hi Shaf, was thinking more like £20 +postage so £25 all in. Just dug them out of my spares box and they are pretty good condition, but maybe new pads will be needed soon.

Pm me your address and I can get them in the post tomorrow
Ace. If you can do likewise for your paypal address please. £25 is too much a bargain. I'll have to give you £30. Cheapest on ebay they've ever gone is £41 plus postage you see. Really appreciate it and if BigDummySteve is watching... The Carrera I got off you seems to be getting a bit (more) blinged out. Might even get a new trigger shifter :-bd and a carbon post is going on (off the Synapse I grabbed off of here)
polarcherry

Post by polarcherry »

Glad someone got the stuff they wanted through the thread :-bd

I’ll just go back to kicking myself I missed out at the time :roll: