Wtd: 12x100x1.75 pitch thru axle

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Wtd: 12x100x1.75 pitch thru axle

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bit of a long shot but any chance anyone has one of these thru-axleslying in a spare parts box... length of 121mm or 122mm would do me just find but seems the pitch needs to be 1.75 for Trek/Bintrager type bikes.

Spoke to the seller who split the bike of which I boight the forks and he said the one he removed was a DT swiss with Bontrager writing on the side.

Anyone :smile: please?
ScotRoutes

Re: Wtd: 12x100x1.75 pitch thru axle

Post by ScotRoutes »

It's worth approaching your local Trek dealer to ask how much a replacement would be.
redefined_cycles

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:32 pm It's worth approaching your local Trek dealer to ask how much a replacement would be.
Thats great Colin... just called through to Evans who can order it in for me for the bargaintastic price of £29.99 :-bd they're switching till-system though so cant order until later in the week.

Thanks for the suggestion :-bd
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Shaf, have Evans confirmed Trek UK have actual stock? If not you might be in fir a long wait. What about something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-L-Thru-Axl ... 2991370753

Bit cheaper and assume you carry an allen key so dont need a lever. Have used supplier before and found reliable. Delivery often quicker than quoted.
The best thru axles I have used are CRC Brand-X but dont think they do in the pitch you need.
redefined_cycles

wriggles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:04 pm Shaf, have Evans confirmed Trek UK have actual stock? If not you might be in fir a long wait. What about something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-L-Thru-Axl ... 2991370753

Bit cheaper and assume you carry an allen key so dont need a lever. Have used supplier before and found reliable. Delivery often quicker than quoted.
The best thru axles I have used are CRC Brand-X but dont think they do in the pitch you need.
Good point. They said to call back after their systems are upgraded to make the actual order. Sounded like it was in stock but not sure. Thanks for that link which I might just end up using :-bd
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Silly question... have you rung Trek UK and asked them?
redefined_cycles

wriggles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:22 pm Silly question... have you rung Trek UK and asked them?
Not silly at all... Didn't realise I could call TrekUK directly but needing yo go through thwir authorised dealers. Might give that a try though too thanks Andy
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

I have phoned their UK HQ in Milton Keynes in the past to confirm stock does exist, They may of course be on a reduced service due to the pandemic.

One other thing, as will any through axle make sure its well greased before insertion (oer etc etc) and on the Allen Key ones make sure the allen key is all the way in as they can get quite tight and if not all way in will round the socket.