On One Fatty Small (finally made it to its rightful owner to be cherished for the rest of its days!)

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

On One Fatty Small (finally made it to its rightful owner to be cherished for the rest of its days!)

Post by redefined_cycles »

Big standard with x5 shifting and floater tyres. Inspection welcime and loads of pics avaiable if you'd like. Not been used much by previous owner and doesn't seem like its the bike for us. Not been used much ny myself nor previous owner at all (last owner used the drivetrain to do/win a Rovienami event and then swapped out the drivetrain to a smaller frame for other half)

£500 ONO

Due to the size I dont think I could post but happy to drop off in person within 50 to 80 miles if buyer happy to cover fuel costs.

Pedals not included.
Spare grips available and can be included.
Easton stem to be removed and the original OnOne will be added back (its 60mm).
Plenty of steerer tube avaiable (looks uncut and original but been cut at top at a tiny slant... OnOne living up to their name I suppose).
Mileage going up daily/other daily.
Selling due to wanting a FS or standard hardtail (ie non-fat).
Lovely bike btw and seems to be living up to its name.

:smile: hope it can find its natural home for the next few years from here...

If anyone desperately needs/wants a fat bike but in large (or is it medium) then Nige off of here (johnnyStorm) has one going (in case you make it to him/his before I manage to clearput enough space and nab it)...
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
firestarter

Re: On One Fatty Small

Post by firestarter »

Nice , I'd be in trouble with the mrs if it were a medium lol glws
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I wish it was a large!!
redefined_cycles

Lol... i wish it was a medium. Going down steps is a bit 'thuddy' but going up em is nice and doing up other stuff thats normally unrideable for me is inviting :lol: amazing stuff these fat bikes (but I suppose a niche weapon for a niche type of riding... Vur Fortis?? Who knows... maybe one day... can't help think bout who loans out fat bikes near me)...

Gonna get little man a decent hardtail of FS (used obviously) so the trails keep inviting him. Though he's miraculously said he's coming on my 12 miler loop tomorrow so who knows. Maybe he's having a change of heart/priorities
redefined_cycles

Forgot to say: PEDALS NOT INCLUDED
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Thats lovely Shaf and thankfully too small for me. Get some better daylight pictures and put it on the 2-3 fatbike facebook pages :-bd

Is it a V1 or V2?
redefined_cycles

wriggles wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:51 am Thats lovely Shaf and thankfully too small for me. Get some better daylight pictures and put it on the 2-3 fatbike facebook pages :-bd

Is it a V1 or V2?
Tis a v1.5... has the carbon forks but not sure what else differing from the v1....
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Escape Goat wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:27 pm I wish it was a large!!
It used to be a large, I still have the large frame in the garage, I swapped all the parts onto a small frame when I bought my Moonlander.

(Double stealth advert, who wants a moonlander?) :wink:
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

You have a large oof? Pm incomong.
redefined_cycles

johnnystorm wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:33 pm
Escape Goat wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:27 pm I wish it was a large!!
It used to be a large, I still have the large frame in the garage, I swapped all the parts onto a small frame when I bought my Moonlander.

(Double stealth advert, who wants a moonlander?) :wink:
Whats the Moonlander look like... How much :grin:

Allen, glad my ad could be of benefit...

In an interesting turn of affairs, went for a ride woth a mate today. 12 miler with good off roads I found locally (they've been hidden for past 4 years (or is that 5.. or 3) since we moved here. Young un decided he wanted to come along and I dare say, I think he enjoyed it. Well the first 7 miles before he started feeling the fatigue (of being away from his Fortnite). Asked him midride, 'you like ?'... and 'we keep'. Sounded like he said yes (well enough that I'm not gonna remove my artwork FSA stem and hopefully source a carbon bar then reassess...
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Yeah sorry dude. I want the oof. You want the moonlander. Could workout well.
redefined_cycles

Allen... btw, they (do seem to be) are ace. Riding uo some big rocks/curbs and it just invites the front tyre. Todays ride and a massive curb that I keeo wanting to get up on my semiFat Sonder. Each time I just stop as I imagine a broken helmet... He just rode straight up it (bout 30cm tall step) and managed to clear it with his rear wheel aswell. I know for defo its not his riding skills as thats all in Fortnite...
redefined_cycles

Escape Goat wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:35 pm Yeah sorry dude. I want the oof. You want the moonlander. Could workout well.
Dont worry. Its just window shopping for me mate as I dont have the money nor the space (plus just bought the 5 year old Steves(big dummy) sons bike for eid. Being Steves you can imagine its gonna be vaguely exciting but means we have even less space now/shortly. Until we sell the Isla..

[Edit: I just realised its a Surley so imagine it won't be cheap... but if is then dibsy :lol: ]... Allen.. I really can't believe you'd go for an OOF over a Surly... You ok?? :smile:
redefined_cycles

Re: On One Fatty Small (withdrawn from sale)

Looks like little one enjoyed it on todays ride and 4 hours after getting home still standa by his decision of keeping it. Thus withdrawal...
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:30 pm Looks like little one enjoyed it on todays ride and 4 hours after getting home still standa by his decision of keeping it. Thus withdrawal...
Good news :-bd
May satan walk with you
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:37 pm
really can't believe you'd go for an OOF over a Surly... You ok?? :smile:

I'm never OK. But I am happy I tracked one down.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

As a general observation, I've been lucky enough to have a community of fatbikers both here in Aviemore, and previously near Edinburgh, that I get to ride with. In fact, when arranging a ride, we'll often discuss which bike we are taking, as we have other options too. The reason we do this is that being the only fatbike in a crowd, or the only non-fatbike in a crowd can make for awkward group riding. Typically, we will choose routes and terrain best matching the bikes we've decided to ride. As an extreme version - I wouldn't choose to be the only fatbiker if the route has a high proportion of tarmac, hard terrain or, conversely, extremely rocky terrain. That's not to say that the fatbike won't cope with these, it's just that the group will likely split up. At the other extreme, if its snowy, sandy, or extremely boggy, the fatbike will make much easier work of it and a skinnier wheel rider will have less fun and make less progress.

You may want to bear this in mind when planning routes involving your laddie.
redefined_cycles

Thanks Colin. Will bear that in mind...
redefined_cycles

Re: On One Fatty Small (backup for sale)

In an unusual turn of events, he wants it, I want him to have same as myself (that way, as he's a growing lad and fits my Sonder, we both might have 2 bikes that are interchangeable between us :-bd ). That way, based on what Colin said we'll have same weapons.

Plus allows me to get a Yeti (used broken down one when we find one so dont get too excited for us/him) or a SC (Salsa isn't really doing for me... thankfully I've not ridden one so can't lust after).

Pics updated in original post. In daily use and DOES NOT INCLUDE, PEDALS, EASTON STEM, or the carbon bars which are on order for it currently...
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

Have put a link up on the On One riders group on Facebook, mostly I want someone to buy this so it's stops tempting me...if I hadn't just put new wheels on the CX
redefined_cycles

restlessshawn wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:26 am Have put a link up on the On One riders group on Facebook, mostly I want someone to buy this so it's stops tempting me...if I hadn't just put new wheels on the CX
Shawn... if you did consider buying, dont forget that although thw reach is supposed to be similar as the bigger versions, it probably isn't suitable for taller folk. I did a shortish ride on it with the seat all the way out and felt ok but I wouldn't wanna risk anything of length...

(Sorry but) for linking to the FB page, if you did decide to buy it I'd knock another £25 off for ya :-bd

New chain going on shortly (not worn quite to thw minimal mark but I like to swap out early as rings is an expensive affair...
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

I'm a massive 5'8" :lol:
ScotRoutes

Re: On One Fatty Small (back up for sale)

Post by ScotRoutes »

Shaf - does this mean you are now looking for a different bike for him, to replace the OOF?
redefined_cycles

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:32 pm Shaf - does this mean you are now looking for a different bike for him, to replace the OOF?
Yup... you got summat in mind Colin. Got my eye on a Cannondale Prophet but still slightly above budget. That way won't have that issue you talked of and we can chop n change (eventually properly when he's a bit taller)...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I have a wee hardtail I'm thinking of moving on. Doesn't sound like it's what you are after though.