Edco superlight/superfast carbon road wheels

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Edco superlight/superfast carbon road wheels

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bit of a long shot as I doubt anyone would want em. But I have a front as well as a back. They spin forever on their Swiss Edco aptera hubs. Thw rear was so light that it seemed to not handle my weight for very long (or the seller did me over and explain why it was so cheap) and the hub flange kindof peeled away from the main body.

To sort that i managed to source another hub (Edco again) on an aero carbon rim that was knackered and had planned to rebuild the good hub into thw good rim. As they're full carbon rims there were some little edges that seemed to have been scraped/scuffed when last owner (or me) had decided to swap tyres (like you do) without being extra careful at the rim edges. I sorted this with light blotches of epoxy to seal the edges. They really were tiny but happy to send as much pictures as needed...

Front is all good by the way and not in need of rebuild etc etc. The spokes are some special ones (special sapims) that use upside down nipples that actually sit fully inside the wheel rim channel to increase the AERO. They take a special tool for spokekey duties which I'd be happy to part with if required.

OFFERS but no need to be stupidly lavish as they do need a bit of work. I paid about £120 for that front wheel and the seller let me ( :???: ) have the rear for another £80 or £90 hence I feel it was a bargain enough to offset the peeling :smile:

Designed and built with input from a guy called Yaw [edit: I meant Paul Lew but Yaw sounded better... he must know his Yaw angles maybe whatever rhe heck they actually are!] who also worked to develop Reynolds aero wheels...

Not very BPing friendly btw and reason why I'm not using em is cos they're not tubeless compatible (obviously... although some newer heavy carbon rims are which is a breakthrough maybe) and since I went tubeless on the road bike I've never looked back. For reference (to show how weightless they are) the front wheel with rim tape is 540g :smile:

This is the original wheelset blurb

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/w ... gia-wheels ignore the price... I obviously didn't pay that money. They are good (if you like that sort of delicate trash)
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobCatMax

Re: Edco superlight/superfast carbon road wheels

Post by BobCatMax »

Drooool
Image Image