WANTED* (shhh, say it quietly) Pannier racks.

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

mfezela

WANTED* (shhh, say it quietly) Pannier racks.

Post by mfezela »

I'm sure plenty of you fine BBers have perfectly useable, but oh so unfashionable, pannier racks sequestered away gathering dust.

Why not release them to once again sally forth in search of adventure and derring do.

In this court, I'm undoubtedly a heretic, but what you got available?
Mactheknife68

Re: WANTED* (shhh, say it quietly) Pannier racks.

Post by Mactheknife68 »

PM’d you
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Got at least one old 90s blackburn rack you're welcome to for whatever it costs to post. Decent condition as unused since about 1998... Black anodised and fairly limited adjustability, from what I remember.
mfezela

Post by mfezela »

Hi,
Any chance of a photo? Specifically I'd like to see the quality of the welds. A tack weld at tube junctions just isn't strong enough. Properly fishmouthed butted joints are the strongest, but so many racks are just crossed tubes. In that case the weld should wrap the junction between both tubes.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Happy to send photos if you can ping me an email to glandfield at Hotmail dot com. The welds look pretty basic to me, but i think it came with blackburns lifetime warranty, so they must have some faith in it. I used to ride a lot with only one pannier, pretty well loaded, and broke lots of frames and wheels, but never a rack... Condition isn't quite as good as I remembered - some black ano missing in places and I appear to have cut the forward facing pannier hooks off at some point, presumably to address a frame clearance issue. Rear facing hooks are still there though!

Anyway, ping me your email address if still interested and I'll send photos. And second divs go to the chap who messaged me yesterday. I imagine post will be less than a fiver with hermes.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Turns out I've got two of them, so happy to send one to each of the interested parties. The one I've just found is in pretty much perfect nick.
mfezela

Post by mfezela »

Still looking bump.

Blackburn Outposts would be first prize, 'cos I'd like the secondary rail (upon which panniers themselves are hung) system.
techno

Post by techno »

mfezela wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:45 pm Still looking bump.

Blackburn Outposts would be first prize, 'cos I'd like the secondary rail (upon which panniers themselves are hung) system.
i'll have a look in the shed tonight :cool:
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I have a blackburn something or other but it clamps to the seatpost - does hve sides to stop bag wheel issues but V shapped iirc

I have a bog standard rack in silver
If you are interested PM me your e-mail and I will do pics

Sorry for the lack of details they are in the loft - that gives a good indication of my price point though :-bd
mfezela

Post by mfezela »

Lazarus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:53 pm I have a blackburn something or other but it clamps to the seatpost - does hve sides to stop bag wheel issues but V shapped iirc

I have a bog standard rack in silver
If you are interested PM me your e-mail and I will do pics

Sorry for the lack of details they are in the loft - that gives a good indication of my price point though :-bd
Thank you, but no.