[SOLD] Set of Chatreuse Shield Thule Pack n Pedal Panniers (14l each)

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

oreocereus

[SOLD] Set of Chatreuse Shield Thule Pack n Pedal Panniers (14l each)

Post by oreocereus »

SOLD

I used these to cycle to Morocco late last year. My needs have changed, and I don't see myself needing the extra capacity of panniers any time soon. I thought about keeping them for commuting, but I damaged my rack recently and I'm moving, so time to go methinks.

Despite travelling several thousand km through Autumn and Early winter they're in surprisingly great nick. There is a small gash at the bottom of one, which I made before even leaving. I forgot to tape it, but it never widened (I did keep my quilt at the bottom of that one, so it spread the pressure). It's the size of a 20p coin, I've taken a picture of it.

It has an easy on/off with just the handle. The bottom of the pannier is kept secure with a magnet (fine on pavement and gravel roads, but not a winning design choice with bumpier or single track type stuff). Within those limitations it makes for a quick and easy bag.

I don't have both original shoulder straps, but I have a spare from another bag I can throw in.

When initially setting up, I overtightened the bolts and went through the back of the magnet fasteners - this hasn't gotten any worse since the ride to Morocco.

They have reflective stripes.

I cut one of the little organisers out because 1) I had no need for it in 2 panniers 2) being a gram weenie :roll:

I like them for their simplicity, watertightness and smaller size. Which means they're a hard sell with the traditional bike tourist crowd! So maybe someone here might like them for commuting or less technical trips.

They were £110 new. I'd be happy to sell them for £40+shipping.

Some idea of the general wear.

Some idea of the general wear.

The gash that didn't grow.

Organiser cut out.

Magnet fastener things.

More gratuitous shots
Last edited by oreocereus on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oreocereus

Re: Set of Chatreuse Shield Thule Pack n Pedal Panniers (14l each)

Post by oreocereus »

Here's the Thule specs:
• Protected against splashing water - protection against dust (IP64)
• Volume: approx. 14 l
• Dimensions: approx. 25,4 x 13,97 x 31,12 cm
• Material: nylon 420D
• Weight: approx. 700 g (according to my "barbie bakes" scales, the weight per pannier is more like 850g)
Including: 2 Thule Pack ’n Pedal SHIELD PANNIERS with a volume of 14 litres