Wtf: woodchippers, 34t chainring and Shimano road shifters

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fontmoss

Wtf: woodchippers, 34t chainring and Shimano road shifters

Post by fontmoss »

As per title really, looking for set of woodchipper bars, a 34 tooth narrow wide chainring to fit shimano road cranks (asymmetric 110bcd)

Possibly after some shimano 11 speed road shifters depending on price. Hydro or cable considered.

Also if someone has shimano cranks let me know. Ideally newish road but would consider mtb.

Ta!
benp1

Re: Wtf: woodchippers, 34t chainring and Shimano road shifters

Post by benp1 »

I think you meant wtd, not wtf! Although the latter is funnier
fontmoss

Post by fontmoss »

:shock:

Ah well I’ll leave it for morale boosting

Not sure what it says about me that it autocorrected to that....
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

fontmoss wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:04 pm Possibly after some shimano 11 speed road shifters depending on price. Hydro or cable considered.
I'm stripping the 105 5800 groupset off my road bike as I have amassed enough Di2 parts to swap out. The drivetrain is probably heading for my TT bike (now all TTs for 2020 have been cancelled :roll: ) so I don't need the shifters. Pairs on eBay seem to be going for £100+ new and £60-70 used, so how about £55 + postage at cost? I can do photies if you're interested and it might prompt me to get on and strip the bike down this weekend if you go for it.

fontmoss wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:04 pm ...a 34 tooth narrow wide chainring to fit shimano road cranks (asymmetric 110bcd)
I've been using a 44T Superstar ring on my 110 asymm cranks over the winter, which was cheap and has been fit and forget. They have 34T ones in stock: https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/ ... w-wide.htm
fontmoss

Post by fontmoss »

Thanks for that! Don’t strip it on my behalf, might hold out for some hydros.

Got a 36 superstar just if someone had a 34 lying around...