Bamboo bike frame, WTB Trail Boss 27.5 x 2.65 and a 27.5 front wheel.

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ctznsmith

Bamboo bike frame, WTB Trail Boss 27.5 x 2.65 and a 27.5 front wheel.

Post by ctznsmith »

A few things that owe me nothing but are cluttering up the loft...make me an offer?

Single speed bamboo cylcocross disc frame and PX carbon forks. £200?!?
How do I price this? I built it in 2014 (I think) at the Bamboo Bicycle Club in London. It was ridden a fair bit but then fell out of favor and has sat in the loft for two years. It's fairly hefty (I used chunky tubes of bamboo) but rides really nicely and is a really fun bike when built up. Also if you like talking to people all the time, you'll love it. :lol:

Size wise from memory it's a 56 or 58cm seat tube with a 58 or 60cm top tube. I'm 6"4 with short legs and a long body. Max tyre clearance is 700x35mm. You have to use a square taper bottom bracket from memory (hence including the cranks/bb) as I think a HTII road crankset hits the chainstay (MTB may fit, I don't know). I have no idea how to price this, I've seen Bamboo frames on ebay for £500+ which seems steep. If you went on the build course it would cost you £500 but you get a fun experience out of that as well. Is there a tall bamboo curious boner out there? :shock: It's probably going to costs loads to post so collection would be preferred

WTB Trail Boss 27.5" x 2.65 tyre (OEM) £15 posted
I bought two for a build and then discovered the frame wouldn't take 2.65. It's a Light, Fast Rolling one.

27.5" front disc wheel. XTR hub on Velocity Blunt SS. £40 posted?
Erm...bought from ebay for the spare rim that came with it (long story). It's an XTR centrelock hub that spins smoothly laced to a Velocity Blunt SS 650b rim with yellow tape installed. It's nice and light.
If you come and collect it you can definitely have it for less.