FS: Legend (Columbus Spirit) steel road frame (Bertoletti)

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

FS: Legend (Columbus Spirit) steel road frame (Bertoletti)

Post by redefined_cycles »

So, needs must and the bike I had planned to convert to single speed is unfortunately the one that might need to go. Only cos I'm a little strapped for space as well as cash.

Sorry in advance in case anyone gets interested in the (not too) distant future but I've chsnged my mind.

Its a medium to large frame (these come custom built per rider so hard to gauge proper sizings) which was built for a rude snob before me. I thankfully bought it off him even though he wasn't too honest with the ebay listing at the time.

There was a gash from tyre rub - how on earth someone rides such 1 in a 10000 frameset and doesn't take care to ride straight wheels, I dont know - inside the fork side. About 3 mm deep and around 7 to 8mm in length (AFAIR) but its not all as deep as the stated 3mm. I did query with the buyer at the time but he just got rude and told me to send it back for refund. Obviously I was smart and kept it and have ridden it around 2 or 3000 miles. Because its an overengineered carbon fork (think: not lightweight and solidly built and comfy) its not affected the ride and (need to check again) it all remains unchanged and trouble free.

It has (ie. takes) long drop brakes and built by Bertoletti who used to build (from what I've read across the web) for Passoni as well as the pro peloton elite privately.

Its basically a darn fine bike and hard to find another :o unless off course you paid Mr Bertoletti around £3k for the privelege.

Can be (or cannot be, depending on whether I have cold feet) yours for £450. The link below is representative of it but its not mine.. Mine is a darker blue and I'd nail-varnished over the logo to make it read 'Le End'. Said nail varnish will just come straight off which I shall do when needed/interested etc..

https://www.bike-science.com/products/l ... e-and-fork

I shall try n find a pic of mine but currently it hangs blocked away and unloved in an outhouse near me... Oh, and it take a 31.6 seatpost diameter but for some reason my Ritchey which measured just that was a tight fit so I had to sand it (the seatpost) slightly to get it in without risk of seizures (no, not them sorts of seizures)...

Thanks for looking