Cotic Solaris 853 hardtail frameset, size small, Rockshox Reba forks, Hope seat post clamp etc."

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

b_black

Cotic Solaris 853 hardtail frameset, size small, Rockshox Reba forks, Hope seat post clamp etc."

Post by b_black »

Hi,

Up for sale I have a one of the original Cotic Solaris 853 framesets in size small in the green colourway. For more info on the Geo see Cotic's website as they archive the pages from the older frames.

It has a 44mm headtube, QR rear dropouts, a BSA threaded bottom bracket and a really nicely shaped oval top tube. It will come with an FSA headset installed which is perfectly smooth, a Hope seatpost clamp and a set of Rockshox REBA solo air 100mm travel suspension forks. I will also throw in the homemade rain camo framebag in the pics but it should be noted that this is the first bag I made and at the time I thought it was great but now I've done a lot more I realise that it really wasn't but still works just fine.

I've owned this frame from nearly essentially (first owner did 20km...) and have actually used it for only a year whilst I worked in Cambodia. It was great fun to race XC on as well do a 200km bikepacking trip right through the middle of the jungle. One thing to not is that the paint is a little bit scratched in places particularly the chainstay where I had a chain snap on me once while riding (which I like to attribute to my vaguely exciting power). If you don't like the paint which is quite loud I'm actually hoping to take a trip to the powder coaters with my another frame very soon so I would be happy to drop this in for a colour of your choice.

I've toyed with the idea of building this back up for a while and maybe even have a framebuilder add another couple of sets of bottle cage mounts but the reality is I haven't stopped moving around for the last five years and I'm now resigning myself to the life of having one nice bike and a commuter.

Pictures included in this album here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-5nzz ... Gx0h_kpHFO

I also have some groupset, finishing kit parts and even a front wheel available which would take you most of the way to a full build so happy to cut a deal on those if your interested.

Asking for: £335 (plus postage or collect for free from York/Manchester)

Any questions fire away!
Thanks,
Ben.
b_black

Re: Cotic Solaris 853 hardtail frameset, size small, Rockshox Reba forks, Hope seat post clamp etc."

Post by b_black »

Maybe I'm being too ambitious with my pricing... Price drop to £300 still happy to talk about doing a deal on groupset and finishing kit parts like the thomson seatpost as well!