MH & PHD bags

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

MH & PHD bags

Post by redefined_cycles »

Article 2

Absolutely lovely custom built (for the original owner whom I bought off from here) PHD 300 custom bag.

Original ad from Ian stated: rated to -2; 900fp down; has neck baffle which makes a good difference to warmth (I concur); black MX fabric inside and out

Has indeed gotten me through some cold nights (maybe I'd not try it quite as far as -2 without having some extra extra layers... but I am a cold sleeper and in previous years have wondered if I've got Raynauds or sinilar cos of cold peripheries/fingers n toes) and will miss it. Sometimes I do get a cold spot but this is just where the bags is squished against the bivy bag... Maybe its just ever so slightly tight for me and my belly afterall - its not too big and I'm 5ft11 with 85kg for reference.

Measured on my scales at 585g of lovely loftiness. Just washed the other week in my Miele (sorry couldn't help myself) and then thrown in the laundrettes large dryer (twice cos first day I forgot my erm balls :-bd )....

Does show signs of use but no holes or rips. The signs (sigb actually) is that theres a few grams of down that have gone AWOL over the years and (to me it seems) theres a thread missing on one of the sides. This doesn't seem to affect the down spreadiness and baffle -if thats what its called - seems to be handling holding onto the down well... Must be the ibternals of the clever desgins! (Paul Hutchinsons)... :-bd

Sorry bout the long blurb... £155. 98 and a half pence

Erm.... Thats it. Thanks for looking. Any snidy comments :lol: just say.

The Lowe Alpine jacket... Its proper squishy and proper waterproof with some sort of light goretex of yesteryear. Does grt a little boily in the bag when working hard. Latest damage is to the elbow (my elbow still hurts) from an off. Bout 4mm. Will include some seam tape which taker can repair/patch it up with (will include some extra seam tape so taker can sort out any other loose/knackered seams). Probably could do with a proper hot(ish) wash with some nikwax stuff and then a proper laundry dry to see if some of the extra layers of nikwax I've ironed in over the years can be stripped back a little...

Price= just send some money to the Feed Bear after you've recieved/used :-bd
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: MH & PHD bags

Price dropped to £135 if that might help anyone... if pics are needed just say. Looks like this https://www.phdesigns.co.uk/minim-400-d ... g-k-series but obviously with 300 whatever's of down...
Naffa

Post by Naffa »

Hi, what size is the jacket please?

Thanks, Nathan
redefined_cycles

Medium to large :-bd... I think it states medium but I fit both medoum (rab) and large (craghoppers)...
Glad to see it get some more life out of it :smile:
mtbmarkymark

Post by mtbmarkymark »

Hi,
daft question but does the sleeping bag have a zip ?
I know they don't as std but given it is a custom bag i wondered
Cheers Mark
redefined_cycles

Hey MarkyMark... its the full mummy version... Falling in love with it again though so you might have to pry it out my hands :-bd