Carradice SuperC front pannier/rack bags:price dropped

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Carradice SuperC front pannier/rack bags:price dropped

Post by redefined_cycles »

Just bought off Stu in the legendary sale. Spent the morning cleaning em up (thorough wash as been in storage for some time it appears) then threw some Lacoste Red to make em smell 21st century.

Went excitedly to attach em on Stan and then realised, firstly that the mount for the fork isn't big enough but this could bw remedied for an attachment for thicker fork legs...

Then realised thereafter that they're not happy with Boost forks (I should've thought of that sooner :sad: ) so my excitement has turned to hopefully someone elses excitement...

Not totally sure but I reck9n they are probably better with forks that have smaller discs upfront (mine are about 210mm I believe) but Stu will confirm I'm sure...

Cos they're a piece of history and will be a smart option upfront (and I believe I've done a good cleanup job)... Asking price is £49 delivered but open to offers... I paid £40 if you must know
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: Carradice SuperC front pannier/rack bags

Come complete with attachments etc for the thinner fork lowers (mine are 34 or 36 I reckon but could check... Stu might able to confirm what size the adaptors were for originally :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Sorry they won't fit Shaf'. Give it a couple of days and if no one wants them, i'll take them back off you - don't want you stuck with them. I never even considered boost spacing :roll:
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Thanks Stu. Most appreciated. I would have tried to get a wider top strut made (the black thing that goes over the wheel) which should sort it. But then with my massive front disc, even if I'd gotten a bigger plaatic white clasp for the lower legs, it seems I'm trying to sort 3 problems ...

Totally my fault though as I should've thought it through a little more :lol:

Its got me briefly looking at front bag options thats as simple as this but alas (unless the new SuperC design works which I doubt) its probably not meant to be... gutted :smile:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Someone did ask after you'd bought them so I'ce pointed them here.
redefined_cycles

Price dropped to £41. Saves me sending back to Stu (thanks for that Stu) and thus reduces the carbon footprint.

I purchased for £40 so if you did the math it means, after postage fees I'm just a few quid short of what I originally paid. I did figure out how to make the top strut thing work with Boost forks. Just make a new metal pipe bent at appropriate angle/width. But I'm still left with not enough clearance for my rotor and thickness of the lowers.

IMO, its lovely (if a bit stale carpet smelling from storage but that smells almost gone :-bd )...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That's smell, that's Carradice that is - it's the smell of the trail ahead, the aroma of the path less travelled and the stench of adventure. :-bd
redefined_cycles

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:13 pm That's smell, that's Carradice that is - it's the smell of the trail ahead, the aroma of the path less travelled and the stench of adventure. :-bd
Yup... It does remind you of an old school antiques shop. Twas indeed gonna make me aloy faster cos the bags were gonna live on Stan and whenever I needed to go out I would just throw luggage in without the worry of "packing"... If that makes sense. Alas it wasnt meant to be
redefined_cycles

Re: Carradice SuperC front pannier/rack bags:price dropped

Price now dropped to £35 before it starts getting ready to make its way to Stus legendary workshop... :-bd
redefined_cycles

Now** £20 and all the money will go straight to my charity fundraiser* including postage... The ride will be BB200 InshaAllah (GodWilling) so I dont have an excuse to chicken out :-bd

*Called Cage. A human right charity which deals mainly with human right and torture associated with places like Guantanamo Bay and also other cases where extrajudicial killings have been ordered or where (for example the UK) have sent unconvicted people for which they hold a secret "hunch" to places like Syria/Yemen/Libya for extreme torture methods

**since Stu has kindly refunded me and said to keep the bags and I'm now racking my head on how to adapt it to fit on my front boost suspension which is gonna make my head hurt so it might as well go (a mouthfull, without comma, I know, I did breath :smile: )
bobs

Post by bobs »

Hi, would the panniers fit a rear rack?
redefined_cycles

Its a one-offdesign of SuperC which is made it seems to work with the attached rods... lemme show
redefined_cycles

So if you had a rack poles/rods that one could come apart and thread through. Then your adjacent pannier piping being connected to the velcro strap as in picture... Then mayne not but they say, where there's a will there's a way!
redefined_cycles

Now free (hopefully you mighy get chance to put something in the FeedBear kitty but no pressure) as it might aswell not sit around in my shed. I reckon someone with some perseverance and forward thinking could get it fitted with a bit of mods to their existing sus fork :-bd ...

Free delivery n all but feel free to donaye me some postage :wink: