FS: Gebla Rohbox.

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

lune ranger

FS: Gebla Rohbox.

Post by lune ranger »

Before these go on eBay I thought I'd give the BB community first shout.

FS a used Gebla Rohbox shift box for Rohloff and a set of converted SRAM Rival gear/brake levers to do the shifting.

£200 including registered postage with PayPal friends/family is my ideal.

Honest declaration: I really wanted to love this system but don't. I've been a Rohloff user for 2 decades almost and therefore have been a MTB bar user. Last year I got the Rohbox to convert my CX bike to Rohloff.
Used mainly for commuting the Rohbox has suited me fine.
I even used the bike for some 'gravel' rides, Ridgeway, local BW's, easy Dartmoor stuff. It's ok for that as well.
I moved it onto my Fargo recently and it just didn't suit me/it at all.
For real off road riding it doesn't cut the mustard. If you want to make big jumps of gear quickly, say when you go from steep down to steep up, the Rohbox can't really keep up with only 1or 2 charges per shift actuation.
I've now got a GB drop bar shifter that works a treat. I was worried that having to move hand position for gear changes wouldn't work. In reality it works better than I imagined and better in this situation than the Rohbox.
The system is also a major PITA to get working. I'd rate my spannering skill but this thing nearly makes me cry when I've fitted it :cry:
In it's favour when it is fitted it's as low maintenance as an original Rohloff shifter. It's also super neat looking and lets you keep all benifits of a modern interested shifter.
There you have it...Not exactly the best sales pitch but I need to be upfront because I'm looking for a fair price. If the system suits your needs no doubt you'd be well please.
Also to note: the rubber hoods have some little rips that I didn't notice in use but have noticed since removing them.
Not gonna say all of this (except item condition) on eBay. If I get no takers here I'll set up an auction with a start price of maybe £175.
Cheers
Last edited by lune ranger on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
lune ranger

Re: FS: Gebla Rohbox .

Post by lune ranger »

Shifters are sold.
Rohbox remains for sale : £100 including postage to U.K.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC