Genesis fortitude adventure and other non-mtbs for sale

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dr Nick

Genesis fortitude adventure and other non-mtbs for sale

Post by Dr Nick »

An upcoming house move to somewhere with less space means I'm having a clearout. :smile:

all prices collected from near Thame Oxfordshire. Open to negotiation :cool:

NOW SOLD Genesis fortitude adventure 17.5". Bought about 4 years ago
lovely 725 frame, steel forks
With an alfine 11 speed hub.
Standard except for on-one Mary bars, saint pedals, Cannondale grips, 3 bottle cages and a 30t Renthal chainring with purple bolts.

In the interest of full disclosure, I used to run a BIG rear sprocket which was 1/8 so it runs a 1/8th chain so the back of the chainset arms have been clearanced with a Dremmel to stop the wider chain from snagging. In practice, it has no impact on anything but I wanted to point it out.

Paintwork is tatty from using framebags

£375 WITHOUT the Brooks cambium shown, and with whatever saddle I can find, if you need a saddle.

Given that BB is a broad church and the best bike for bikepacknig is the bike you have (or the next bike you buy!) here are some other random machines that might be of interest others!

NOW SOLD Recumbent.

This was bought to use by my lovely wife after surgery that knackered her core muscles. It's been to Bearstock!

It's a recumbent built on a kit design that uses bits of diamond frame bikes. A previous owner built it and another cut it in half and made some very neat machined connecting blocks to allow it to be transported or stored. It's 2 x 7 I think( from memory), is very silly and is very good fun!

£75

Dawes super galaxy twin tandem 531. Used for less than 20 miles since being painted by Argos, (at our weding and once since) It's incomplete - bits have been robbed for other projects. See pics. I'd just like to see it being used

£120 (which is less than it cost to have it painted!)

Imagetandem bike by Nick Williams, on Flickr

tandem roof carrier

Old french tandem bike carrier for roof rack
tatty but functional

£25

NOW SOLD Raleigh Caprice
3 speed Sturmey. I bought this for my mum about 30 years ago. It's been ridden about 3 times and has been in her garage. Saddle cover has come a bit lose, some damage from storage on the chainguard and the rear mudguard.

£75

and finally, a Trek tag-a-long trailer bike
Tatty, rusty chrome from storage but useable - 20" wheels, 6 speed gears. £15 to the Bearbones coffers and it's yours. Cat not included!

Last edited by Dr Nick on Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
Dr Nick

Re: Genesis fortitude adventure and other non-mtbs for sale

Post by Dr Nick »

Genesis, 'bent and Raleigh now sold
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...