FS: Cotic Soda frame (poss as a rolling chassis)

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ian

FS: Cotic Soda frame (poss as a rolling chassis)

Post by Ian »

Never thought this day would come, but my style/type of riding has moved on and it's time for the Soda to go up for sale.

This is one of the pre-Lynskey built models, but dates back to only May 2010 and thus features a number of improvements over the earliest incarnation (larger seat tube diameter making the rear end a touch stiffer) This year it's only done ~150km, and prior to that not many miles at all. Frame condition is therefore extremely good - brushed titanium, laser etched straight graphics, no cable rub as it has been meticulously protected with helicopter tape. Size is medium, and fits me fine at 5' 9". Without a doubt the best 26" wheeled bike I've ridden. I made the tranistion from a full suss to the Soda and never once felt I'd made the wrong decision.

I'm in the process of stripping it down to take some pics of it, but these seem to be like hen's teeth second hand and Cotic don't make these or the new Lynskey built ones anymore, so now is a good opportunity to get this superb frame, for which I am looking for £600 ovno.

Also have a pair of DT Swiss 130mm forks from 2010 (15mm thru' axle), a pair of Hope Pro 2/ Stan's Arch rimmed wheels, a pair of Hope Mono-M4 brakes (in silver, with goodridge hose and 180/160 floating rotors) & USE carbon Alien post If there's any interest in a "rolling chassis", then that would suit me at a price to be negotiated, otherwise I'll be splitting these once the frame has gone.
Ian

Re: FS: Cotic Soda frame (poss as a rolling chassis)

Post by Ian »

Offers invited at around £500

P1020284 by ianbarrington, on Flickr
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

oooooh,

I made the decision to replace my steel hardtail (as I;ve managed to bend it and the alu seatpost is properly stuck in it.) and was thinking about a cotic soul (and also maybe a 29er).

Ti was something I've always wanted, and this might be just the ticket.

Currently I would like to earmark interest, and need to find some time to think it through. It also looks the right size too.

What sort of condition is it in (I like the meticulous heli taping) but that photo looks very new! Also, how do you find the riding style? Is it good for all day stuff (I'm 5ft 10 to 11, long upper body, altho cotic site says long top tube which sounds good).

It's making more and more sense in my head ;)
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi Zippy,

Thanks for the interest. Answers to questions below + happy to answer any others if they arise.
What sort of condition is it in (I like the meticulous heli taping) but that photo looks very new!
The regulars on this forum will testify that I have a fine attention to detail. It isn't new, about 18 months old up to the point when I dismantled it. It has a few very superficial scruffs here and there that demostrate normal use, but to be honest these seem far more visible on a bare frame that they ever did once it was built up.
Also, how do you find the riding style?
Fun, agile, responsive. Good on the climbs, especially technical ones where you can use the spring of the frame to hoick you way up stuff. With big tyres on it goes downhill well too. It replaced a 5" travel Nicolai, and nice though it was, I never really missed it after I bought the Soda.
Is it good for all day stuff (I'm 5ft 10 to 11, long upper body, altho cotic site says long top tube which sounds good).
Yes, I've done numerous all day rides on it and it's very comfy. I ran it with a USE carbon Alien seat post too. I'm 5' 9" with a longish reach and it was fine with a 90mm stem. You've got scope to run a layback post or a fractionally longer stem if you needed more room than I had, so I'd be confident you could get a good fit on it.

Hope that helps :)

Ian
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The regulars on this forum will testify that I have a fine attention to detail.
Oh yes ... 'tis very true ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Been thinking it through.

Yes please :D

I also happen to be in Swansea weekend of 9th-10th of Feb which may be convenient for a detour to pick it up if convenient?

I'd also be interested in the USE carbon post too (but don't hang onto it if anyone else gives you an offer for it).

I'll send you a PM tomorrow or saturday when back home rather than sneaking onto the forum whilst at work ;)
Ian

Post by Ian »

Sold