FS: Pinnacle Ramin 3+ (price dropped £550)

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

FS: Pinnacle Ramin 3+ (price dropped £550)

Post by redefined_cycles »

Only available for post BearBones200 to collect in Wales pls. All proceeds will go straight to my fundraiser/sponsorship project for which I'm attempting the Bearbones200 for.

Its a posh/light build. Size is medium I think. I'm 5ft10 and its spot on. Highlights are as follows...

Pinnacle Ramin 3+ frame in orange with Bruce sprawled across the top tube (cos it's called Bruce obviously).
Carbon Nukeproof bars with carbon Giant bar ends inside the grips.
11 speed SLX or most likely XT shifter with XTR rear mech.
Dropper post by Brand X with upgraded thumb lever.
Carbon saddle weighing about 95g but it's a handmade copy in Taiwan of a Selle Marco from Italy.
Carbon rear rim in 30mm internal on a Hope Pro2 evo with the lightweight freehub body. 490g was the rim and I've left some spoke indicators to ensure I don't get any spoke twist (was careful not to overtighten and hopefully the build some stay true for life InshaAllah).
Front rim is a Kinlin with 30mm internal coming in at 505g on a matching - to the rear - Pro2 EVO. Both rims garnished with Rocket Rons...

Minimal sealant (Continental on the back and Squirt up front) sorry...
Pedals are some crappy Sonder affairs flatties byt I left em on to get a bit of Allen heritage on the BB200... He's not coming and I bought at a bargaij off him. Running nice (only crappy cos it's Sonder rubbish).
XT cranks in 175mm flavour with a nice ring... I think matchin XT or SLX.

Alot of the drivetrain is brandnew or minimally used... Cassette is xt8000 with a shimano XTR or XT chain (I forget which, soz).

Framebag I doubt you'll get with it but I may be enticed if you flash some cash for my petrol home. Its classic Windcat with upgraded n8 YKK zipper (wrong way round, soz) but there's a side loading bottle cage that might be left on if I'm that knackered or forgetful.

Levers are Dura Ace quick release (obviously) and brakes are some SLX affairs. One of which could probably do with a bleed. 180mm rotors at both ends.

There's a pic of Bruce looking rather happy with himself in the 'Bikes of the BB200' thread...

Bottom bracket is an XT (obviously) with an eccentric that I removed and cleaned and retorqued...

£999
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: FS: Pinnacle Ramin 3+

Erm... I'll be using it for the Bearbones200 so available thereafter, hopefully without much mud and looking rather happy with itaelf God Willing. Mudhugger up front but I ran out of money for the rear (or summat like that).

Payment after the ride is preferred (just in case I break it). Thwre was a creak at the BB last I rode it but I'm hoping the cleaning and application of some copper paste around the eccentric would have sorted it...
redefined_cycles

Price drop £850

Thomson stem which I think is in 60mm flavour
redefined_cycles

Any minute now people are gonna start biting off my hand for it. Reduced to £750... hubs are both blue and the rims are both black (well.. carbon and kinlin respectively).

Nice bike :smile:
redefined_cycles

A few pics with another little price drop. Lovely bike it is :-bd though I expect many already know that.

£750
redefined_cycles

Apologies for the ugly Sonder pedals :lol:
redefined_cycles

Re: FS: Pinnacle Ramin 3+ (now £550)

Not sure how much lower I can go on this lovely. All money going to look after the orphans (Syria, refugee camps most likely but not limited to)... Happy to drop it off if you're not too far from the bb200 start line... Will try and keep it clean :smile:
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Bargain!
Trying to ride bikes.
redefined_cycles

jay91 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:04 amBargain!
Thanks Jay... It's a really nice bike too. Some battle scars here and there but I'm on £1300 for the orphans sponsorship project and this was built up for that (and the bearbones200) so makes sense that it hoes there...

Hopefully someone nabs it so I have a full boot to sleep in on the way home...
flyingpig

Post by flyingpig »

I'm very interested in this, I'm pretty sure i rode last bit of the bb200 a couple of years ago that one with the storm and swollen rivers!

I'm just a bit taller than you at 5'11" but should be ok i would think?

Still interested for my son if not, which bb200 are you on, I'm doing November's
redefined_cycles

flyingpig wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:38 pm I'm very interested in this, I'm pretty sure i rode last bit of the bb200 a couple of years ago that one with the storm and swollen rivers!

Still interested for my son if not, which bb200 are you on, I'm doing November's
Im doing tomorrows flyingpig (surely, you weren't flying were you. PM me and I can forward you my vontact details in case you're able to collect post BB200 on sunday. That saves me a few quid on renting a hotel to sleep as I'd have the full boot free...

Thanks again
redefined_cycles

flyingpig wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:38 pm I'm very interested in this, I'm pretty sure i rode last bit of the bb200 a couple of years ago that one with the storm and swollen rivers!

A few more pics showing the worst of the battle scars (can't promise there won't be more but I'm always ever so careful and the chain slap/grind was there when I got it)...

there's a few more but nothing I could be nothered to show as they're minor...

The star of the show:

Let me know if Stu has spacw to store it til November for ya and that you're happy on the scars :-bd

Can finalise after that :smile: and thanks again
flyingpig

Post by flyingpig »

Perfect, thank you very much, they look great, I'll give stu a shout
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Shaf,

What's your top tube bag? I like the size of that!
redefined_cycles

Escape Goat wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:27 pm Shaf,

What's your top tube bag? I like the size of that!
Allen... it doesn't come with the bike :grin:

It's a Rockgiest xl thingy from US. Let me know if you want it (again for the fundraiser so I'll be maximising what I can get for it) as it was designed against the top tube being flat. But is very very stable and highly water resistant.

2L I think it is and was highly reviewed by Bikepacking.com hence the investment. It's good...
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

That's brilliant shaf.

I was just asking as it looked good. But you know I have a bag problem 😂

Let me know IF you decide to get rid. Only if you wanted to sell it in the first place.
redefined_cycles

Escape Goat wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:26 pm That's brilliant shaf.

I was just asking as it looked good. But you know I have a bag problem 😂

Let me know IF you decide to get rid. Only if you wanted to sell it in the first place.
Let me know when you're ready to buy... like the mexican said, "I gi yu gud price"...

No time like the present..
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

You have tempted me. What we talking? I'm supposed to be having a clear out 😂
redefined_cycles

Re: FS: Pinnacle Ramin 3+ (removed)

Removed from sale. Partly due to brake fade (Stus opinion is that it's the micro leak which seems really likely) and partly cos I suppose I'm not done with it yet...

Sorry to potential investors
redefined_cycles

Escape Goat wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:14 am You have tempted me. What we talking? I'm supposed to be having a clear out 😂
I checked my reciepts Allen and suppose I need to offset the retraction of the bike sale. How does £53 posted sound to keep your attention :???:

Cost me £65 pre brexit stuff going through. Payment to my orphans page thingy here https://tinyurl.com/88vnfyww (stealth sponsorship advert for anyone wanting to invest in these displaced/war-affected children..)
robbie

Post by robbie »

How much for the frame bag Shaf if it's available?
redefined_cycles

robbie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:46 pm How much for the frame bag Shaf if it's available?
Frame bag wasn't available as such Robbie. But since it's you and I'm only £2000 away from having the funds for the full sponsorship of 10 wartorn children/orphans... How does £45 sound (posted). It's a bit worse for wear but the YKK zipper I upgraded on the main pocket is abosulutly amazing (pity about the needle work but I like to think I've overengineered it and one of the parts of the bag that I can squish and yank at without worrying for the actual zipper...

YKK no10 I believe it is...
redefined_cycles

Actually... scratch that. £40 ono (just for your good self as I'm certain I've nabbed free stuff off you before and possible I'm wearing your jacket)...

I'm gonna get a revelate eventually :-bd
redefined_cycles

Re: FS: Pinnacle Ramin 3+ (£550)

Just putting this lovely thing back up for sale. Previously it was removed after being provisionally sold due to brake fade at the end of the Bearbone200 in 2021. Won't come with bags but I will try and get it to you asap.

The brake fade problem was sorted by me swapping out the calipers for some newer ones. Currently sat in the shed needing a good clean, but I'll get that sorted.

£650 for a quick sale and I'll do my best to coordinate a quick collection/delivery. Cannot post as such due to the size of it but I'm sure we can work summat out. Money will go to a very very good cause so that should help you sleep easy for the next few months :-bd

Can entertain offers if it means a quick and clean sale/collection...

SOLD WITHOUT BAGS
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Escape Goat wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:14 am You have tempted me. What we talking? I'm supposed to be having a clear out 😂
If you still want that top tube bag, then i can be yours :-bd