Buy, sell, swap.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
More photos at the bottom
I bought this new in January 2019. It’s had relatively light use - a few weekend bikepacking trips, some day to day riding, but with only limited use through the last two winters. It’s a great bike for mixed surface adventures - Bombtrack’s most popular - but I’m trying to reduce from 3 bikes to 2 and am replacing this and a hardtail with a rigid 29er mountain bike which probably meets my needs a little better.
I applied protective tape to most of the frame when new to avoid rubbing from bags etc. This has now been mostly removed as some had started to peel. There are some light marks to the paint in other areas from use as you might expect (shown in photos), most notably :
- on the down tube
- on the seat tube where I had a Wolftooth b-rad bottle mount extension fitted and the end of two bottle mount screws just scraped the paint
- on the drive side chain stay - although this is mostly scraping to the original protective tape that came on the bike.
The fork was replaced under warranty in November 2019 (one of the bottle mounts on the original started spinning on itself) so is newer than the rest of the bike. The bottom bracket and rear hub have just had new bearings & grease by Cadence in Bath. The bar tape is new and unused. The bike is as stock, apart from the following upgrades:
- Ritchey Venturemax XL gravel handlebar (https://eu.ritcheylogic.com/eu_en/wcs-v ... -handlebar)
- Ritchey WCS stem (100mm)
- Brooks Cambium C17 carved saddle
- Wolftooth PowerTrac Elliptical Chainring 38T (https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/col ... elliptical) - I also have the original SRAM 40T alloy X-SYNC chainring which will be included.
- 11 speed Shimano SLX 11-42 cassette
- Teravail Rutland 2.1” tyres, Durable casing, set up tubeless (https://teravail.com/products/rutland-t ... 0971826227)
- Freshly applied bar tape, unused.
- No pedals
Rest of the spec is as follows:
- Frame: Columbus CROMOR double butted steel tubing, thru axle dropout, replaceable hanger, rack/fender mounts, 7 mounts inside the frame plus 2 on the top tube for bag mounting
- Fork: Monocoque full carbon fibre disc fork with tapered steerer, fenders mounts and 3 cage mounts on each blade, internal dynamo cable routing
- Derailleur: SRAM Rival 1 long cage 11 speed (shifter integral with brake lever)
- Brakes: SRAM Rival 1 hydraulic disc brakes
- Wheels: Bombtrack hubs, WTB STs double wall, sleeved, tubeless compatible, i19, 32H; front: 12x100mm thru axle; rear: 12x142mm thru axle
- Bombtrack seat post & seat clamp
- Bottom Bracket FSA PF30
- Headset: FSA Orbit ITA Sealed A-Headset 1.1/8”- 1.1/2”
- From Bombtrack’s 2018 catalogue (https://bombtrack.com/catalogue-2018/), sizings for the Large are:
- Top tube length: 575
- Seat Angle 72.5
- Headtube length: 149
- Head angle: 72
- Seat tube length: 570
- BB Drop: 70
- Chainstay length: 425
- Fork offset: 48
- Trail: 63.6
- Wheelbase: 1027
- Standover: 815
- Reach: 390 (though this stem is slightly shorter than stock)
- Stack: 587
Stock weight is 11.9kg for a medium; this is a large so will be a little more.
£1,500 ono (original RRP £2,300).
The bike has had great reviews: https://bikepacking.com/bikes/bombtrack ... xt-review/) (the bike and I are actually featured in the excerpt box on that one); as well as https://singletrackworld.com/gritcx/201 ... s-a-blast/ and https://advntr.cc/bike-review-bombtrack-hook-ext/
I’m based in Bath so ideally would like a sale to be in the SW as it makes you seeing the bike beforehand much easier. I’m happy to bring it to you if you’re reasonably local, or have you come and see it at mine.
Salsa Horsethief XT (2020)
Bombtrack Hook EXT (2018)
Bombtrack Hook EXT (2018)