Peak 200 Group start 9 July

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ianfitz

Re: Peak 200 Group start 9 July

Post by ianfitz »

It sounds like the Peak 200 group start continues to be challenging then!

If Javi rode the whole route then Gemayel be the first finisher from a group start - third time lucky! Still no female completions at anytime that I'm aware of...

Hope you enjoyed it anyway :grin:
slarge

Post by slarge »

We'll done Javi, this has to be worth another crack - oddly enough I was staying in Edale until Thursday this week, had to be home on Friday otherwise would have stayed to see the grand depart!
Javi

Post by Javi »

ianfitz wrote:It sounds like the Peak 200 group start continues to be challenging then!

If Javi rode the whole route then Gemayel be the first finisher from a group start - third time lucky! Still no female completions at anytime that I'm aware of...

Hope you enjoyed it anyway :grin:
After we passed some illuminated tunnels on the Monsall Trail, 90ish km, we wrongly turned right downhill. Instead of returning up the same path we thought riding along that cycle lane by the river would soon return to same point but we couldn't find a way back so we got to the A6. Some 3km wrong way. Also I have to say I borrowed the multitool from Bob a few times. I forgot mine!

Steve, thanks. Really impressed you made it much much quicker than me with less hours of light.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A blog post - not many photos, sorry for that. http://bobwightman.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/peak-200.html

Javi - did you manage to find your GPS?
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

whitestone wrote:
A blog post - not many photos, sorry for that. http://bobwightman.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/peak-200.html
You make it sound fun bob! :-bd
Javi

Post by Javi »

whitestone wrote:A blog post - not many photos, sorry for that. http://bobwightman.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/peak-200.html

Javi - did you manage to find your GPS?

Great reading!
I drove to the start of Gratton lodge and walked the majority of it but couldn't find it. Short 2 months life for it.

By the way, my garmin said 248km in total. Wrong turns + innacuracy of the gps.
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Thinking of giving this a go in the next few weeks, albeit at a much more leisurely pace. It will suit me better to start near Bakewell, can anyone recommend a reasonable place to park up for duration? If not, where's best at the official start point?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

We parked up in the station overflow car park, Ian gave directions earlier in this thread but don't park in the main car park you first come to but turn right just after it then just before the railway bridge turn left and go past The Penny Pot Cafe and keep going past the station car park and the bus turning circle. Tarmac gives way to gravel, this is it. You may have to pay, it depends on whether there's anyone at the booth - they are limited to a certain number of days when they can charge.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Super, ta. Had to look again, got an old GPX that had corrupted the start/finish. If there's nowhere reasonable near where it passes Bakewell, Ill start where you suggest.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Hi, you could easily park in Flagg, or Chelmorten both are near Bakewell and close to the route ;) When are you thinking?

Paul
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

I'm lucky enough to be quite flexible on when at the moment - Probably mid August time and probably in the week.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

The peak Itt has its first female completion from Emma Peasland
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Ace Emma well done.

Macinblack - there is parking near me in Flagg that wouldn't be a problem and we don't normally have problems.

Paul
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Ace Emma well done.

Macinblack - there is parking near me in Flagg that wouldn't be a problem and we don't normally have problems.

Paul
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Thanks Paul - I'll probably take you up on that - It's nt far off the closest part of the route for me - I'll PM you nearer the time - Cheers Mac.