Sat 9th to Sun10th North West area ride

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JohnClimber

Sat 9th to Sun10th North West area ride

Post by JohnClimber »

Pass granted for next Saturday and Sunday :o

Plan A (these never happen do they?), Leave home North Liverpool around 11am to get home on Sunday around 3pm.

From home 12 miles of canal tow path to the "Ferry cross the Mersey"

On the Wirral head north then around the coast to follow the Wirral way, the some new cycleways through Connah's Quay.
Quiet country lanes to Llandegla (43 miles from the ferry), stopping for a pub meal on route :wink: .
Depending on the time if all is going well then ride the start of the black trail at Llandegla turning left off the trails after the first black section.
From here ride around 21 miles of quiet lanes to Clocaenog Forest where there is a 50 mile loop I know to have a go at.
Bivi some where here.
Get up early, have a quick snack then finish of the ride in Clocaenog Forest before reversing to the quiet lane section back to Llandegla where I/we turned off the evening before, ride the rest of the trails and have a full breakfast at the Cafe just as it's opening up and ride home.

Ride maximum 200 miles, but realistically it might be a 60 mile ride (each way) to bivi in Llandegla or up near the masts above the trail centre somewhere.

The ride will be flat until Chester and therefore quite fast paced with minimal breaks.
Because of the pub meal and café breakfast I will be traveling light and not faffing with any cooking.

Anyone fancy joining me?
JohnClimber

Re: Sat 9th to Sun10th North West area ride

Post by JohnClimber »

Ok, ok I wimped out.......

What with the weather warning and the forcasted downpours I thought I should save this ride for another day.

So as punishment to myself I rode it all today.
126 miles with 5464 feet of ups amd downs plus the 60 mile ride out was into a constact bitch of a head wind.

At least I know now that I could add Clocenog Forest on to it and bivi there before riding home.

Sorry but it was a bloody good ride :cry:
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Good effort there John, but wimping out because of the weather....tut tut
:wink:
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
barney

Post by barney »

summittoppler wrote:Good effort there John, but wimping out because of the weather again....tut tut
:wink:
l-)
Wait for me...
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Good effort John :-bd
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!