South Dartmoor Bivi Saturday October 22nd...

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slugwash

South Dartmoor Bivi Saturday October 22nd...

Post by slugwash »

.... It's just been confirmed :-) so putting this one up for the attention of Nevis, but anyone else welcome. Meeting at South Brent around 2pm for a wander up onto the moor somewhere around the Avon Dam. Probably on foot 'cos someone is bringing their dogs but bikes possible.
Nevis

Re: South Dartmoor Bivi Saturday October 22nd...

Post by Nevis »

Guess you're working your way through your winter tiple or tucked up nice and sung in your bivvy by now.

Sod's law; only just spotted your post and beside my wife is away so it's just me and the little one so no chance of getting out anyway.

Thanks for thinking of me, maybe next time.

Still, you've had another cracker of a day for it. Did manage to get a 40 miler roadie in though. Hope it's been as good on the moor.

Look forward to seeing some snaps.
slugwash

Re: South Dartmoor Bivi Saturday October 22nd...

Post by slugwash »

Sorry for the late notification, but we weren't sure of the exact location and details until late Thursday.

Anyway, the man with dogs dropped out at the last minute, too late for us to swap over to bikes, so we had a good ten mile tramp over windswept Dartmoor, trying to find a nice little spot out of the wind to pitch up. Eventually, we tramped all the way back to Jim's car and ended up plotting up in his front room drinking whisky and watching wide screen TV til midnight :oops:

Oh well, it was pretty windy, cloudy and uninspiring out there and we'd set off too early on an aimless excursion with no real plans or whatever and it's not like we haven't done any other bivis so far this year.

Maybe it'll be clear skies at the next full moon and we'll do a night ride bivi. I'll keep you in the loop.