Ideas - 40th birthday bivi

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

pedalhead

Ideas - 40th birthday bivi

Post by pedalhead »

Hi chaps. As my double coast 2 coast trip is on hold until spring I thought I'd just do a weekender somewhere at the end of October to "celebrate" being approximately half way to my death. I live in Oxfordshire so was thinking somewhere in Wales would be close enough for a weekend and different enough to feel like it was a trip away. I've done quite a bit of riding around the Beacons in particular & figured I might just stitch a few familiar routes together & follow my nose, but I thought I'd first see if anybody had any good suggestions for a couple of decent mileage days in the vague area (or indeed elsewhere)? I can think of a few bivi spots from previous rides (though not done any overnighters up there), but any suggestions on that score also appreciated. I'm fully expecting to do the trip solo as I doubt any of my chums will be silly enough to actually want to spend a couple of days at the end of October getting cold & wet in the hills, but if anyone fancies coming along & drinking some nice whisky then feel free! Cheers. Mark.
Taylor

Re: Ideas - 40th birthday bivi

Post by Taylor »

Doubt I can make it as work and other commitment's like BB200, visiting my son, etc. mean I hardly see the wife in October. :D
Although if I try hard enough to annoy her she might send me away for the night anyway. :shock: