TwentyFour12 2022 - Anyone In?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

drewbingham

TwentyFour12 2022 - Anyone In?

Post by drewbingham »

Not strictly 'bikepacking', but is anyone registered for the TwentyFour12 this year? I'll be singlespeeding in the 12h solo category on my Stooge Mk4 and would be great to meet some other 'boners there!
slarge

Re: TwentyFour12 2022 - Anyone In?

Post by slarge »

Thinking about it, but after the Tour Divide I might have had enough of sitting on a saddle for a while, so am seeing how I feel....
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

slarge wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:18 pm Thinking about it, but after the Tour Divide I might have had enough of sitting on a saddle for a while, so am seeing how I feel....
I did it twice before doing the TD and haven't done another multi-lap race since. Mike Hall was there at the last one I did and his bike still caked in New Mexico dust. He called it quits long before the finish. I think he was only there to keep Pivot happy.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Wow, this is still going, I thought the 24hr racing scene was dead! I did it once for the 12 hour pairs, in fact I think it was 12 years ago now. Managed 2nd place , won an exposure joystick! How times have changed! Really enjoyed it, had a good vibe.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

johnnystorm wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:34 am
slarge wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:18 pm Thinking about it, but after the Tour Divide I might have had enough of sitting on a saddle for a while, so am seeing how I feel....
I did it twice before doing the TD and haven't done another multi-lap race since. Mike Hall was there at the last one I did and his bike still caked in New Mexico dust. He called it quits long before the finish. I think he was only there to keep Pivot happy.
I started the year after we raced the TDR.... I pulled out quite quick (relative terms) just wasn't arsed. Has taken this long to even contemplate the idea of doing a 24 hour race again! And to think how much I used to enjoy doing them!
slarge

Post by slarge »

It's now cancelled anyway (unfortunately). Too much up front cost and insufficient up front entries mean it's too financially risky.

A real shame, as this seems to be the way of things recently.