The Welsh Ride Thing - Lonely Hearts Club - Sat April 30th to (Bank Holiday) Mon 2nd May

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ledburner

Re: The Welsh Ride Thing - Lonely Hearts Club - Sat April 30th to (Bank Holiday) Mon 2nd May

Post by ledburner »

RIP wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:13 am Nice one Trebor. Re maps......., obviously you can't have too many maps so maybe just buy all .....anyway :grin: .

Curiously dash4it.co.uk always have a 40% discount on maps just before the WRT so keep an eye out for that.
Thats only £2,536.08 that's including current
30% discount of £1086.89( RRP £3,622.97).
I'dhold out for further 10% a whopping £362.30. :grin:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
RIP

Re: The Welsh Ride Thing - Lonely Hearts Club - Sat April 30th to (Bank Holiday) Mon 2nd May

Post by RIP »

Not the whole country ya loon! :grin: . Even Stu's GR 'issues' are unlikely to result in one at Cape Wrath :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Do I need to get some maps or not thanks again
By all means buy maps because maps are great - each contains a thousand adventures. However, don't feel that you need to if riding with the LHC as a route will be taken care of by John and his elves :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:05 am
Do I need to get some maps or not thanks again
By all means buy maps because maps are great - each contains a thousand adventures. However, don't feel that you need to if riding with the LHC as a route will be taken care of by John and his elves :wink:
since I am not familiar with the terrain and resupply points, I may be interested in the LHC route. But I'm of some bike-packing/ (read pushing) experience. I don't want to deprive another bikepacking virgin the chance to pop their cherry on the WRT. :wink:
(thinks aloud) Are white socks mandatory? :grin:
[thumbs up to John & the elves :-bd]
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Have a word with John Dan, I don't know how he is for numbers. Also, an executive decision to make a number of routes available (once GR are released) for a small charitable contribution was made.
May the bridges you burn light your way
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:37 am Have a word with John Dan, I don't know how he is for numbers. Also, an executive decision to make a number of routes available (once GR are released) for a small charitable contribution was made.
:-bd
TREBOR

Post by TREBOR »

RIP wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:13 am Nice one Trebor. Re maps, probably best to wait until Stu sends the grid references out in April yeah that sounds like a good idea :-bd
If you can dream it you can make it :-bd
It's not about the destination it's all about the journey :ugeek:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Including cat herders so far we have
9 boys and 3 girls in the LHC group.

I'm sure we had around 20 or so 3 or 4 years ago at the bivi's, so these are more spaces for LHC'ers are welcome
NJGibbs

Post by NJGibbs »

JohnClimber wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:44 pm Including cat herders so far we have

I'm sure we had around 20 or so 3 or 4 years ago at the bivi's, so these are more spaces for LHC'ers are welcome
I’m a first timer and would appreciate the help if there is room for me!
Casually Casual!
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

NJGibbs wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:47 pm
JohnClimber wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:44 pm Including cat herders so far we have

I’m a first timer and would appreciate the help if there is room for me!
Welcome NJGibbs.
I'll drop you a private message on here with all the info you need so far.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

I won't be naming names but a 3rd lady has asked to sign up to the LHC ride.

Don't be shy ladies you won't be on your own in our LHC group ride.

Grid Ref's out tomorrow
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

thanks John for keeping the group together.. all the other elves, for keeping spirits up. providing motivation or entertainment...