WWB - now with added details.

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

WWB - now with added details.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

This years Welsh Winter Bivvy will take place over the weekend of Dec 11th / 12th. It'll be somewhere in Wales but the exact location is yet to be decided.

For those who don't know, things are generally very relaxed / fluid and the emphasis is firmly on the social side of things. Pace is generally steady, visiting pubs, cafes etc is encouraged and more often than not, it all ends up quite different to how it was 'planned'. Everyone is welcome and also welcoming, so if you've not yet ventured out in a group, then assuming you've got some suitable kit (it is Dec in Wales after all), then do come along.

There's also usually a number of other Winter Bivvies taking place over the same weekend in other parts of the country so keep your eyes open for those too.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Verena

Re: WWB

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:02 am This years Welsh Winter Bivvy will take place over the weekend of Dec 11th / 12th. It'll be somewhere in Wales but the exact location is yet to be decided.

For those who don't know, things are generally very relaxed / fluid and the emphasis is firmly on the social side of things. Pace is generally steady, visiting pubs, cafes etc is encouraged and more often than not, it all ends up quite different to how it was 'planned'. Everyone is welcome and also welcoming, so if you've not yet ventured out in a group, then assuming you've got some suitable kit (it is Dec in Wales after all), then do come along.

There's also usually a number of other Winter Bivvies taking place over the same weekend in other parts of the country so keep your eyes open for those too.
Yay, I'm in :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:12 am Yay, I'm in :-bd
Ask Stu about the one around Bishop's Castle area a few years back. It was definitely a case of 'last wo/man standing' as the weekend's conditions progressed :wink: . One of the most hilarious capers that I've been on, although our group approached (or tried to) from the other direction. In fact ask us about the state of things around Mynd gliding club :wink: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Verena

Post by Verena »

Gosh, I'd hate to spoil everyone's fun though, with my ability to bring wall to wall sunshine with me wherever I go...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'd hate to spoil everyone's fun though, with my ability to bring wall to wall sunshine with me wherever I go...
Don't worry, we'll forgive you.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Stu let me know where it’s gonna be when you’ve made up your mind , health’s more or less back so hopefully can arrange a weekend pass :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

middleagedmadness wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:13 pm Stu let me know where it’s gonna be when you’ve made up your mind , health’s more or less back so hopefully can arrange a weekend pass :-bd
Will she let you apply for your WE pass at the same time Stu? Glad to hear the body's playing ball again. Good to have you back.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

middleagedmadness

RIP wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:06 pm
middleagedmadness wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:13 pm Stu let me know where it’s gonna be when you’ve made up your mind , health’s more or less back so hopefully can arrange a weekend pass :-bd
Will she let you apply for your WE pass at the same time Stu? Glad to hear the body's playing ball again. Good to have you back.
Not sure , need to check the dates against if the young fella is still on leave from basic training , think he goes back 4/1 so should be okay
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'll post up here once I know Stu.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Ah Reg....I'd just about forgotten about the Bishops Castle affair and the 2" ice on the Ridgeway...and you go about bringing it all up again ; )

Will be there in spirit whilst burning in hell/Qld. Miss the sub-zero shenanigans and partners in rime from over the years.

Greetz

S.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'd just about forgotten about the Bishops Castle affair and the 2" ice on the Ridgeway...and you go about bringing it all up again ; )
Aye that was a bit of a wild one. Still not recovered.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Scattamah wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:19 am you go about bringing it all up again ; )
:grin: Like a particularly bad late night takeaway after ten pints of Guinness :wink:

(not speaking from experience I hasten to add)

PS just spotted "partners in rime" - good one :smile:
Last edited by RIP on Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

middleagedmadness

Right Reg, winter event booked
Stu WWB not sure yet as it’s the first weekend of the boys basic training and wife is already in bits at the thought of her little Prince being handed over to the navy , so this one might have to be a miss , but will let you know closer to date
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

RIP wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:59 am ... Like a particularly bad late night takeaway after ten pints of Guinness ...
Have you been peeking, Reg? : )
RIP wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:59 am PS just spotted "partners in rime" - good one :smile:
Should there ever be a winter bivvy badge competition, there's my entry. Reg-approved no less.

Greetz

S.
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:40 am
I'd just about forgotten about the Bishops Castle affair and the 2" ice on the Ridgeway...and you go about bringing it all up again ; )
Aye that was a bit of a wild one. Still not recovered.
:-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

Hoping to do this one - its been too long!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Good man Steve.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Beginning to look very much like the Elan valley - I have something to check out this weekend, then I'll put a bit of meat ont' bones for anyone who fancies it.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I do love Elan Valley. It's my happy place.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It's my happy place.
Fairly sure I can ruin that for you :-bd
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:46 pm
It's my happy place.
Fairly sure I can ruin that for you :-bd
:lol:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

:|
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Successful recon' trip today despite leaving my map at home and relying on memory and luck. Anyway, lots of interesting stuff out there, some good, some not quite as good and a likelihood of a few tussocks and a bit of walking but who doesn't like a big skull and crossed bones sign on a ride out ... of course we'll be going there :-bd

See the big hill on the other side of the river? Well, I went up that so you don't have to :wink:

RIP

Post by RIP »

Now that's a very nice shed you lucky boogers.
Last edited by RIP on Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verena

Post by Verena »

Luxury!! I've lived in worse than that... :-bd