In need of friends

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cool-Breeze

In need of friends

Post by Cool-Breeze »

48 year old married male looking for like minded individuals to have fun times ...........

Sorry, but that was the first statement that came to mind, truth is, my son is too old now to go bike packing with his dad as it is not cool enough, and he says I need to find my own friends.

I have been out a couple of times on my own, but it's difficult to have a beer and a laugh on your own, and when you do any passers-by by just get scared and run away!

I am no means an expert biker (few too many extra pounds for that) more of an over enthusiastic novice, but I do enjoy the adventure of bike packing and have a pretty good knowledge of camping.

I live on the Isle of Wight so anyone going out on a south coast of England trip then please let me know if you ok with a tag along.

Just for clarity, I am a happily married man, so no funny business!
redefined_cycles

Re: In need of friends

Post by redefined_cycles »

Welcome Cool-Breeze... Am sure you will find someone here :-bd not me though as I'm too far north, anti-social and a negative-drinker :smile: (well I do IrnBru)
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:35 pm (well I do IrnBru)
Didn’t think you were that far north? Shouldn’t gravy be more your tipple? :grin:

I think there are some folk on the isle
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

UnderTheRadars wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:38 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:35 pm (well I do IrnBru)
Didn’t think you were that far north? Shouldn’t gravy be more your tipple? :grin:

I think there are some folk on the isle
Yes... you're right. Not that far north but identify with their incorrect use of English :grin: ... we still allowed to say such things! :???:
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I recently went for a ride with someone from the Isle of Wight.

Not recommended. :lol:

Welcome Cool Breeze :-bd
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Didn’t think you were that far north? Shouldn’t gravy be more your tipple?
Applauds :-bd
Cool-Breeze

Post by Cool-Breeze »

In Reverse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:49 pm I recently went for a ride with someone from the Isle of Wight.

The webbed feet are useful for the odd river crossing :grin:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Cool-Breeze wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:09 pm
In Reverse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:49 pm I recently went for a ride with someone from the Isle of Wight.

The webbed feet are useful for the odd river crossing :grin:
yer wot duck?
yer, welcome Cool Breeze. I'm too far north, but [edit]hope you 'click' with a like minded individual. :-bd
but care full of those carparks is the Woods with flashing headlights... :???:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
GJWHands

Post by GJWHands »

Cool-Breeze wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:20 pm 48 year old married male looking for like minded individuals to have fun times ...........

Sorry, but that was the first statement that came to mind, truth is, my son is too old now to go bike packing with his dad as it is not cool enough, and he says I need to find my own friends.

I have been out a couple of times on my own, but it's difficult to have a beer and a laugh on your own, and when you do any passers-by by just get scared and run away!

I am no means an expert biker (few too many extra pounds for that) more of an over enthusiastic novice, but I do enjoy the adventure of bike packing and have a pretty good knowledge of camping.

I live on the Isle of Wight so anyone going out on a south coast of England trip then please let me know if you ok with a tag along.

Just for clarity, I am a happily married man, so no funny business!
I'm 51 and same as you, doing this alone for the first time and not bothered to much on distance and times, but want to meet like minded people for an experience of a lifetime no matter what the weather throws at us. I'm preparing for camping and would welcome the use of a boothy to warm up if possible.
I'm also happily married, but they just don't embrace my insane impulses for the great outdoors and cycling/running.
Due to lockdown I've been a bit of a lazy so and so for the last 3 years, gave myself a kick over Xmas and completed the Crikey, how much 500, I'm not super fit but determined and will keep plodding.
Just looking to embrace the event, my entry is paid for so cant wait and happy to join up if you want.
RIP

Post by RIP »

GJWHands wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:17 am want to meet like minded people for an experience of a lifetime no matter what the weather throws at us.
Sounds like the Welsh Ride Thing would be just the, er, thing for you Sir(s)! :smile:

Just looking to embrace the event, my entry is paid for so cant wait and happy to join up if you want.
Or maybe the event you've signed up for is indeed the WRT? Have you seen the thread about the WRT "Lonely Hearts Club"? Just the ticket for meeting like-minded people :-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Brilliant introduction Cool Breeze.

I don't live down your way so can't help sorry.

But if you want to ride The WRT you are more than welcome to join us on the Lonely Heart Club ride over the first Bank Holiday in May.

Every ditch sleeper worth their salt will/should be there for this one off event. (held every year)